Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
1,511 Posts
First let me say I am by no means a bearing expert but I do have a little history with them. :)
Can anyone confirm what type of ball bearing it should be on both the Driveshaft and Jackshaft on the XP / XS / XR sleds ?

1. DRIVESHAFT:
Is it 6010 2RS C3 bearing on both sides ?

2. JACKSHAFT:
Clutch side: 6008 2RS C3 ?
Chain side: 6205 2RS C3 ?

·
Registered
2022 XRS 900R
1,452 Posts
Keep a spare bearing of another brand if you use those all ballz, i had no luck with them and a buddy put them in his Razor and they did not last one ride. Jack shaft bearing on my 2011 did not last 500 km and was worse than the 13000 km factory bearing I took out, will never use again.

·
1,511 Posts
Keep a spare bearing of another brand if you use those All Balls bearings.
I had no luck with them and a buddy put them in his Razor and they did not last one ride.
Jack shaft bearing on my 2011 did not last 500 km and was worse than the 13000 km factory bearing I took out, will never use again.
I always use SKF bearings.

Reactions: SBT

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I continue to use a 6004 or 6008 from NTN, SKF or ***.

I do avoid the cheap chinese bearings and only purchase good quality bearings from my local bearing suppliers.
I'm assuming that a certain brand that begins w/ F and ends w/ G offends the censor?

Where does NSK fall in the hierarchy of quality? The most recent PAC I have (2020) indicates them as being the supplier for the 6004, 6005, 6006 & 6205 bearing that BRP offers. They must still use them as the 2023 Fresh Tracks shows jackets w/ the NSK logo on them.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
F*G is very good.
NSK is right there with them IMO
I'm assuming that a certain brand that begins w/ F and ends w/ G offends the censor?

Where does NSK fall in the hierarchy of quality? The most recent PAC I have (2020) indicates them as being the supplier for the 6004, 6005, 6006 & 6205 bearing that BRP offers. They must still use them as the 2023 Fresh Tracks shows jackets w/ the NSK logo on them.

·
1,511 Posts
Helps if you are in Sweden!
SKF is a Swedish company founded in 1907 and today has ~45,000 employees worldwide.
SKF is a world brand that has recognized very high quality and are known for their very high quality in ball bearing applications.
SKF is very innovative in the ball bearing industry and has developed many unique applications.
No problem to buy SKF bearings in USA/Canada.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
SKF is a Swedish company founded in 1907 and today has ~45,000 employees worldwide.
SKF is a world brand that has recognized very high quality and are known for their very high quality in ball bearing applications.
SKF is very innovative in the ball bearing industry and has developed many unique applications.
SKF is also the "founder" of Volvo.

·
President and Founder of Team Grampa
1,649 Posts
Last bearings I bought were SKF. I had no problem getting them here in the U.S.

Reactions: 12/3
21 - 36 of 36 Posts