Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We received a good ten inches last night with high winds due tonite. Trails are all excellent and both groomers are out.

Digger

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The groomers have been busy working the new snow into good trail conditions. The reports are very good conditions and a fast track. Cold temps will continue for at least the next week.

Digger

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tempreatures for the rest of the week will be just perfect. Highs 25-29, Lows in the teens. Trails are in top shape: off trail has settled in just right. You can go about anywhere. 413 is open to sled trafic in the swamps, but not ready for the groomer yet.

Digger

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The groomers started this morning at 4:15 working the trails very hard. They were blading all bumps and then double grooming the haywire. Bet they will be perfect! One groomer was in by 9:30 AM and the other is still out, but should be in soon.

Digger

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave: you two look a lot alike!

Been snowing and blowing all morning off of Lake Superior, visibility is pretty low at times. Must mean it's time for me to take a ride!

Digger

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had some nice snow so far with more coming every day for the next few. Lake effect with the north winds for quite a while now. Tonite the winds are light but are supposed to get stronger later and tuffer again tomorrow. Trails are in top shape. Hope we don't get too much at a time now.

Digger

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Digger....just wanted to tell you thanks for closing on us after you saw us take our helmets and everything else off Sunday night (the 19th) when we walked up to the door. Won't be coming back there anytime soon.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It has been snowing pretty steady, and at times pretty hard. The stuff is light and fluffy and will drift easily. I would think we have gotten at least 6" so far, but it settles pretty fast. Whatever we got it is a nice addition for the trails.

Digger

·
Registered
52 Posts
Digger it was 6:30 when we stopped by there. A group of people in cars where leaving just as we walked up to the door. I understand you need rest but.... with lack of snow I would think you would take all the business that you could get. Was looking forward to some gas, cheese curds, and a bit of rest for a minute.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really can't remember the group that was in there then, but we don't close the kitchen until 7:00 on Sundays and it takes about an hour to clean up. I know we watchd the Nascar race and then Storm Stories. That is kind of a ritual.

As I recall, your group parked close to the road and as I was going to put up the closed sign I yelled out to you, and gave you a chance to ask for any assistance that might be needed. We take care of anybody at any hour if they need help, gas or parts. Many people have knocked at our door 3-4:00 AM and received help.

We appreicate the business we get and am sorry for any inconvience we have caused. Stop by again and I will purchase the group a "frosty".

Digger

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We got about 10-12" of that light powder. The trails are all good here in Schoolcraft County. Even the trails through the swamps are frozen now, but the grooms haven't gone through them yet. Even the trail towards Curtis is usable now.

With low temps in single didgets and hights in the low to mid twenties, the groomers will be doing their thing on them soon.

Looks like sledding will continue well into March. We have had a good stretch since Mid December even if there wasn't our usual ton of snow, the trails have been in real good condition at all times in Schoolcraft County.

Digger

·
Registered
521 Posts
Both groomers are out again today. The north one to Shingleton and back. The south one making the full loop down to 2 and the Nehma grade as well as 413. Trails should be darn good riding again this week, can't ask for any better conditions here.

Digger

At times we are getting very heavy lake effect, very heavy!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Digger,

The food was great at the Jack Pine Friday! Just to jog your memory I was the guy from Ohio sitting at the table by the window just over from the guys you were talking to who were also from Ohio. Did you make it to the Out House Races? If so how were they? Might have to look into that next year. Post a picture if you have one.

By the way...Friday we went from north of Newberry to Miners Castle, to Wetmore BP, to 7 south, to the Big Spring, then to the Jack Pine and back to the Redz Wolff Inn area north of Newberry. 250 miles of good smooth UP trails that day, with 8 miles of hell from Shingleton gas to 8 East. Do they groom this section?

Thanks again for the trail reports this season. I hope to make it up there in mid to late March again if the snow keeps on coming down!

snowfever

1 - 20 of 46 Posts