·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
I've wondered the same..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Maybe for a safety attachment in case your trailer/sleight gets unhooked like the safety chains on a regular trailer ??

·
Registered
156 Posts
Maybe for a safety attachment in case your trailer/sleight gets unhooked like the safety chains on a regular trailer ??
That or it is supposed to be a spot where you could attach a come-a-long so you can get fully loaded freight sleds lined up & hooked up. Now I'm curious, I'll have to go look and see how big that hole actually is. There have been times when I was by myself that hooking up was a pain, I had to use ratchet straps between my rack and freight sled & suck the snowmachine back while I was holding up the tongue. Nothing worse than a few thousand pounds in a freight sled froze in place.

I have no idea, I do know some locations have weird requirements for hitches. Not sure how a "safety chain" would work on a freight sled but if these hitches do double duty for a ATV I could see some places requiring something like that for a wheeled trailer.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Isn't there an optional flapper hitch that connects up there?

I know I saw one. It was the Pintle hitch and then it had a flapper underneath it that could be removed via a pin. No luck Google search, but I know I've seen one.

The Polaris Titan flapper hitch kit should work. It might depend on the hole vs pin size though...

flapper.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts

I know I saw one. It was the Pintle hitch and then it had a flapper underneath it that could be removed via a pin. No luck Google search, but I know I've seen one.

The Polaris Titan flapper hitch kit should work. It might depend on the hole vs pin size though...

attachicon.gif
flapper.jpg
That would make sense

Post it here if anyone finds the BRP or Poo part numbers that fit.. I wonder if the existing OEM flap would fit?

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
Reactions: A_laskan

·
Registered
443 Posts
My guess it's another spot to hold spring clip, I don't think it's for a blade hitch as the hole looks to be same diameter as upper spring clip hole .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My guess it's another spot to hold spring clip, I don't think it's for a blade hitch as the hole looks to be same diameter as upper spring clip hole .
I don't think its another spot for the spring clip, as the hole at the bottom is bigger in diameter than the spring clip hole.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

attachicon.gif
flapper.jpg
That is what a few people I have asked thought it might be for but they said they were just guessing. I haven't seen any BRP flapper hitch for it. Mmmm.....?!?!

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I think the existing OEM flap is reverse of that. Meaning, where "2" is pointing is actually just a a single in the middle.
No, you are correct in your first post the BRP OEM flap/tongue as we call it on these rev xu chassis is as shown in the above post, so imo your spot on to what the hole is for. :righton

Reactions: A_laskan
1 - 15 of 15 Posts