Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Environment Canada has made it official, at the Yellowknife Airport and from readings around the region they say that we have an average of 59.5 cm of the white stuff on the ground (has been sticking since late Oct.), which for all our Southern friends is 2 feet of the preciousssss.... ! ! !

It's nice 'cause it snows, then packs down, then snows some more...etc

It's been snowing again today and I think Allan will confirm that their official reading is just an average 'cause there seems to be a heck of a lot more of it out in the boonies....

So I think a ride tonight is in order, who's goin' with me ??!!!!

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
RIDE TONIGHT??? RIDE???? :)

Yes sir, I've only lived here 4 years but I've never seen so much snow in this area. Like you said, because the snow stays from October to April/May, it just continues to build up, and up, AND UP! The temperature doesn't get above freezing or even near it until April which means we don't lose ANY snow...combine 6 months of that accumulation, winds blowing powder into the bay's on our lakes and my friend you have some awesome boondocking with hundreds of lakes untouched, just waiting to be carved up!

THIS IS THE BEST WINTER I'VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!

Let it snow!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
easy ther you 2, please dont rub it in. the rest of us are not having so much luck, show some passion brother.

Rubber side down fella's

dont get me wrong we just admire you thats all

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
Papasled and Yellowknife the tundra blazers , boondocking buddies!
Hey hows my club did they like my name choice ?

Rich

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GSX800HO said:
Papasled and Yellowknife the tundra blazers , boondocking buddies!
Hey hows my club did they like my name choice ?

Rich

[snapback]284968[/snapback]​
we haven't got that far yet, probably next meeting (we're too busy riding to hold a meeting...'nother big ride this Sunday !! woo hoo !!

But I still like Tundra Trailblazers !!

Cheers !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts