Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

it is too damn cold!

626 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  papasled® 
#1 ·
at the begining of the year i was wishing for snow all for nothing, it is far too cold to ride
-40 plus wind chill it is -50 up to -55
it is a frozen hell here!

See less See more
#6 ·
MaryTylerMorphine said:
it all feels the same under -20F
[snapback]267737[/snapback]​
I hear you guys! over here in sask it has been the same. but I must say it does not all feel the same after -20F LOL I love it when @ -50 your leather jacket makes cracking sounds when you move LOL but looks good for coming week. snow every day and highs of -10-13

we have used this time to get the machs in for the 10hr tuneup and install the hottub in our cabin

#9 ·
marytylermorphine,
Sorry man but you are way wrong on this one!

If might feel the same from inside the house or cabin, but outside your body and sled knows it's colder! One thing for sure a carbed sled sure runs good @ -40 lol for a while! Rejetting @ -40 SUCKS! After ridin in -40 really -20 feels warmer! Ask anyone who's ran the Irondog. Most of them have had to race in colder temps them -40. The funny thing is -40 is almost the same exact temp wheather we are talking F or C.
05SDI

#10 ·
05SDI said:
marytylermorphine,
Sorry man but you are way wrong on this one!

If might feel the same from inside the house or cabin, but outside your body and sled knows it's colder! One thing for sure a carbed sled sure runs good @ -40 lol for a while! Rejetting @ -40 SUCKS! After ridin in -40 really -20 feels warmer! Ask anyone who's ran the Irondog. Most of them have had to race in colder temps them -40. The funny thing is -40 is almost the same exact temp wheather we are talking F or C.
05SDI
[snapback]268185[/snapback]​
you're right 05SDI, the sleds love -40. I rode last Sunday and I don't think my 'doo has ever run better, was -48. A tiny opening in the neck of my jacket and 5 hours later I had a nice bite on my neck, wife was suspicious !

Today is -36 with 7kmh wind, only -43 total.
But I never run iso in the tank, just keep it full after riding.
I did invest in some handguards, those work well !
At least we have a ton of snow...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.