Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved all my parts to put my 700 back together and was just wondering about putting isoflex into all the bearings. When i took it apart there was grease on the outer bearing on the pto side, the inner bearing was failed, there was not enough left of it to tell if there was ever any grease in it. There was no grease on the mag. side of the engine. Should i pack the inner bearing on the pto side with grease as well? i already packed the outer bearing. Maby i should pick up another tube and do all the bearings? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
486 Posts
only grease the outer on both sides all other are sealed off from the ends and are lubed by oil / fuel mixed ..
the mag side has one sealed packed bearing ,plastic cage and one steel cage pack it ,pak the outer pto and did you notice a red seal ??????/ theres no grease for all others dont waste the iso flex because you have to fill the out side nipple untill it starts to leak out then put your cap back on.............PTO side

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone, i got the engine back together tonight except for the nut on the flywheel. I seem to have misplaced the nut and lock washer. Hope i can find one tomorow or i will have to order a new one, probobly take a few days to get.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought the crank form adrien bernard here is the link
http://www.atelieradrienbernard.com/contenu/index_ang.cfm the crank was 418.00 I found that it was cheaper to buy the reman from them than it was to have it rebuilt localy. You will need to buy the isoflex seperatly, i think it was $43.00 from them. The order was shipped fed ex and showed up in 4 days. I emailed them a couple questions and they sent back a reply in short order. They seem to be a top notch company to deal with.

·
Registered
486 Posts
how much did you money did you get for the core? or is that 418 .00 without any core?
bombi shop manual says from a 50 gram tube of isoflex put 44 grams in the pto bearing and 6 grams in the mag bearing .well to me it not much i put 25 grams in the mag and 25 in the pto but going to buy another tube and fill the spout for the pto side..... and put on a 12" ground strap from the regualor bolt to the starter holes ( if i had one)

·
Registered
45 Posts
[quote name='Darren71' date='Jan 21 2005, 01:30 AM']
but going to buy another tube and fill the spout for the pto side.....
When you do this, after you remove the cap from the spout..
Do you add the grease untill It starts to seep from the seal or would
you just add a couple pumps..???
Is there a certian amount of isoflex grease that is to be used ???..
sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just courious...

·
Registered
45 Posts
meanfarmer said:
Darren71 said:
but going to buy another tube and fill the spout for the pto side.....
When you do this, after you remove the cap from the spout..
Do you add the grease untill It starts to seep from the seal or would
you just add a couple pumps..???
Is there a certian amount of isoflex grease that is to be used ???..
sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just courious...
[snapback]277539[/snapback]​
anybody

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.