Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of us are heading to Island Pond Vt. this weekend and have heard some conflicting reports about the conditions, anyone have any input?? I hope we aren't wasteing or time... Rode locally today (central VT) and there is a lot of bare spots one moderately warm day and there will be almost no snow left here. SAD, SAD year!!

·
Ski-Doo Rider from Northern Vermont
1,167 Posts
ya i rode around my college in Randolph today, and there were some bare spots, anyway, i am a director for the Derby Drift Dusters and we groom trail 105, to Island Pond. THe trail to island pond as well as island pond were good as of yesterday, how they are now, i donno.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fandoo550 said:
ya i rode around my college in Randolph today, and there were some bare spots, anyway, i am a director for the Derby Drift Dusters and we groom trail 105, to Island Pond. THe trail to island pond as well as island pond were good as of yesterday, how they are now, i donno.
[snapback]296572[/snapback]​
Cool, Thanks

·
ryan450r
336 Posts
THE TRAILS ARE HORRIBLE, STAY AWAY!!!!

OK, they really aren't bad at all, I'm just trying to keep the traffic down. I put on 100miles in the Island Pond and south of area last weekend and all trails were good. I'm going again this weekend.

·
Registered
46 Posts
RedRizza said:
THE TRAILS ARE HORRIBLE, STAY AWAY!!!!

OK, they really aren't bad at all, I'm just trying to keep the traffic down. I put on 100miles in the Island Pond and south of area last weekend and all trails were good. I'm going again this weekend.
[snapback]296770[/snapback]​
I heard that the traffic has been really bad. Did you make it over towards dreby at all?

·
ryan450r
336 Posts
I don't know about the traffic, didn't seem bad last weekend and I just got back from there and it wasn't bad today. From what I hear there is a lot less people up there the last two weekends than usual for this time of year. Trails are starting to get thin though, 40deg. is just WAY too warm....

Haven't been to Derby, but I was just south of Derby today (coventry) and it was the thinnest cover I saw all day..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RedRizza said:
I don't know about the traffic, didn't seem bad last weekend and I just got back from there and it wasn't bad today. From what I hear there is a lot less people up there the last two weekends than usual for this time of year. Trails are starting to get thin though, 40deg. is just WAY too warm....

Haven't been to Derby, but I was just south of Derby today (coventry) and it was the thinnest cover I saw all day..
[snapback]300458[/snapback]​
We rode Friday and Saturday. No go on Derby. There isn't any snow west of Norton, and there Barely any snow there either. We probably rode about a total of 10 miles on dirt out of 200 this weekend. Trails in the higher elevations were pretty good but most trails down low must be bare by now. Pray for lots of snow!!!

·
ryan450r
336 Posts
cbmxrev said:
Pray for lots of snow!!!
[snapback]306959[/snapback]​
Well, I've been prayin and GUESS WHAT

The lots of snow is coming!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. My van is only 2WD so, I probably can't make it to camp until friday and then I'll probably ride Burke to IP and back Saturday.

Last weekend was pretty bad, we did 106 miles saturday and probably 10 of themwere dirt... the dirt was mostly in the fields at least, the woods still had cover. I don't think were going to have to worry about that for at least a little while though... they're saying 18"+/- in NEK.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well I really hope Derby gets some.... I'll be heading up there from Western NY on Wed. feb 16th for a long weekend. But any riding can be better than what we have out here...and that is NONE

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks native VT's; keep us non-locals posted on conditions. Looking to possibly make another trip up to IP, but seeing that it's a 550 mile "jaunt" for us, wanna make sure we'll be able to ride.

Was there the week of Jan. 29th - Feb 5th. Definitely needed more snow.

BTW-Lake Salem is smooth and sweet, too bad it's not as long as Lake Island Pond!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts