Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an RER Hyperlite but I don't have it on yet. I was looking closer at it today and the cam doesn't look like an RER cam to me. Is it? DSC00031.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The helix will not look like your DOO RER helix.

The RER helix on the HL looks like a regular helix with 3 red buttons/standoffs.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
No it's not an RER

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
NO! that is NOT an RER hyperlite that MN REV-800 posted pics of! (yes it is a hyperlite)
hmmm Blue spring with PEM23 helix, What the heck tune up is the clutch for? Look inside where the jack shaft would go, is it for a splined or keyway type jackshaft??
Those black 'posts' are to hold the ring with the rollers that the helix ramp rides on securely to one of the clutch sheaves.
he clutch in that first pic isn't an RER clutch the one that HIREVER posted is an RER hyperlite see the 3 red stand offs.

mnREV800 no! See how the red stand offs are almost in the middle between that black post on HIREVER's pic?

05SDI

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mnREV800 no! See how the red stand offs are almost in the middle between that black post on HIREVER's pic?
I think the posts on mine seem to be in about the same location.

One thing is for sure...I need a better digital camera. Hyperlite_005.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
MN REV-800
SORRY!! In the last pic I can CLEARLY see your BLACK RER standoffs. I missed them in the other pictures! Please disregaurd my last post!
You also have a RER Hyperlite clutch! What up with the PEM23 helix? and that blue spring My hyperlite for 05SDI MXZx has the PEM11 helix with black spring and my hyperlite for 05SDI Renegade has the PEM10 helix also with black spring.
Sorry for the misinfo earlier! 05SDI

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No problem 05SDI. Thanks for taking the time to post pics and information. I think I'm going to call Chris tomorrow to ask why they changed to black from red.

As far as the helix and spring, that's what he recommended for my setup...
Stock 800 (no H.O.), 1.75 x 121 track, 23 top gear.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Cool! Chris has a pretty good grasp on what will make his clutches perform. I'd start with a new belt when you are tuning for belt height.
both of my clutches came with 4 spacres between sheaves. Each had the following spacers. 1 @ .074" and 3 @ .042". I took 2 of the .042" spacers out for my belt to ride right.
You'll like the hyperlite!
05SDI

1 - 13 of 13 Posts