Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I where glasses and wear a modular helmet. I have the electric face shield, but still there is some fogging on my glasses. I wear a baclava & neck warmer which in a way imposes on wearing those breath deflectors. I've found a happy medium with leaving my visor part way open but am looking to improve upon it. I have a medium windshield on my Rev and am looking into replaceing it with a tall one. Is there a noticeable difference with the taller windshield? Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
jlk_250 said:
Yes, IMO the difference is big.

This is a whole different subject, but I never found a solution to fogging glasses until I tried contacts. The taller windshield should help though.

Jon
'03 Rev 600 Sport
[snapback]287485[/snapback]​
With other sleds, I have found that a higher windshield helps prevent fogging of glasses. Recently someone and I switched sleds, he coming from a Polaris, and his glasses fogged on my Rev with stock windshield.

-Don

·
ChiefOgemaw
1,580 Posts
If you do not have holes in front of your mouth, you may want to cut them into your cloth Belecleva/mask.
I cut holes in my "cloth" mask for my breath. It was to hard to breath through my cloth mask and my breath was pushed out of the Modular rubber mask onto my glasses. Works much better with holes in my face mask. Now, I just need more room for my chin & rubber mask in my helmet.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Try the bigger windshield it won't hurtt. I had some fogging in my Modular the other day when my baclava got switched to one that was so tight around my glasses and no air could move my glasses were fogging all the time. I switched back to the baclava that had a bigger cut out I was fine. The only other problem I had was when it was so cold the air passages froze closed then everything fogged.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Make sure the modular fits right and that the breath mask is aligning correctly with the exhaust holes. I have no problem with my glasses fogging on cold days. My only problems that occur are when my exhaust holes freeze up (and start blocking my breathing) or when it gets too warm and my glasses fog from my head sweating.

Other than that, keep playing with your front and rear vents.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i never have riding problems with my glasses fogging up. i wear the breath mask and the cloth protector that fits over it which covers the face and neckand if we stop on a cold day and i raise the face mask then lower it to go again they will fog slightly for a short period of time, or untill there is enough air flow causing a vaccuum in the helmet. also every once and a while before i ride i use the scotts anit fog cleaner and it works great.!!!!

·
Registered
2017 900 NA X Doo didnt make it so I did
2,864 Posts
Before you go out and buy a new windshield try moving it up to the top setting. You will see 4 bolts, 2 on each side that your windshield bolts into. Move those bolts to the top setting. We do this on really cold days. It sends the air over your helmet instead of just under your chin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.