Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sled Builder
9,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to ride somewhere worth riding.

Anyone have any suggestions on where there is enough snow to ride?

·
Registered
583 Posts
We were in Dane county last week Maize and it was great! Some friends are in Green county now and are having a blast!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
IT's really taking a beating up here in southern WI guys. People from everywhere are here and frankly, it just aint gonna last. We might have enough to groom once more in hopes to level things off before the rain and meltdown arrive this coming week. Lots of bare spots today, and the little sun we had took its toll. Tomorrow will likely be the last day around western Dane county. Talk now is to close trails this coming week to preserve what little is left. Temp is gonna be about 30 and sunny Sunday and that'll be the dagger around here with all the traffic. It's ridaeable, but you're gonna find a lot of dirt and bare stretches. The open fields are holding up ok where there were drifts to work in, but in the woods where many of our trails are only a single groomer pass wide, it aint pretty. Sorry, just trying to be honest.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Trails have taken a beating in the counties of Dane , Iowa and Columbia. We rode today and the conditions went from fair to poor quickly. We did see a lot of out of state riders and I expect the trails will close soon. 36 degrees at 9pm Saturday. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I was going to go towards Dane tommorow but we just cancelled

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
Was out in Dane and Columbia counties today, just as others have said they are used up. Too warm today and too many sleds, even the side trails are beat. We planned on riding Sunday but today was it. Not sure how NE towards Fond du lac is?

·
Registered
87 Posts
We rode Dane and Columbia today also. Some of the trails were perfect others not so good. We went to Arlington for lunch and the trails over that way were getting pretty bad. The trails near Deforest were pretty rough also. It seemed the further north and east the better. These warm temps and heavy traffic will kill it. I hope you all get some snow next weekend!

·
Sled Builder
9,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bummer....did a bunch of shocks today with hopes of riding tomorrow....guess I should have flipped the days around but my part-time guys don't like to work Sundays if they don't have to.

I can get the driveway plowed out tomorrow as I took the trailer to the shop to dry out so I can grease the doors up better.

I got the short in the handlebars fixed, the HID wire fixed so the red sled is ready to roll.

I can finish Sheila's sled up tomorrow and I have the blue sled in the shop ready for the T-Motion install.

I've got about 5 sets of shocks to do tomorrow so not having the guys over as it looks like no riding...bummer. Only 60 miles on the sled so far this year and January isn't looking too great with the temps the rest of the month...maybe a late winter will kick in Feb....

Thanks for all the reports guys. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Did 150 around fondulac co...got out early and was pretty cold but flat n fast...headed south and west from there....overall the day was pretty awesome besides getting beat 5 or 6 times by my cousins 600..o well

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
How about heading west to the Black Hills (do they have snow?) or the Snowies in south east Wyoming, or is that more than 12 hours? Not sure what part of Iowa you're from.

We had a 7 day saddle bag trip planned for the U.P. the first week of Feb. but it's not looking good. We're probably going to have to move it out a few weeks or we were thinking about heading out to the Black Hills...again, if there's snow there. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
There's very little snow in the Black Hills (8-10") Snowies and Rabbit Ears in CO both have 35-50" but they are both probably slightly outside that 12 hour window. Mapquest shows me 13h 20m to Kremmling, CO which is where we stay. Its about half hour up the mountain to Rabbit Ears but trust me it would blow away any riding you could do in WI, MI, or SD right now. Looks like Centennial, WY is right at 12 h from Cedar Rapids.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts