Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GotBoost?
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a new belt on and now the sled creeps and the belt squeals and I know it's the right belt. Does the Hyperlite have a deflection adjustment? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
you need to get the Actic Cat (AKA Nordic Dog) belt adjuster kit from High Performance Engeneering. Works great.

Don't worry since its an aftermarket kit your doo won't know its a cat part and stop running.

www.hiperf.com

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
No they are not. And that belt adjuster isn't a direct add on as the ID of the center
post is different from the Hyperlite. I modified them to fit my Hyperlites but takes about an hour of work on the lathe. Your Hyperlite has adjustment washers inside between the sheaves. You need to add a thin washer to let the belt down a little to looosen it up. They come in two thicknesses I think and the thin ones are maybe 30 thou thick. They are the same as Arctic I believe.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
LRD said:
No they are not. And that belt adjuster isn't a direct add on as the ID of the center
post is different from the Hyperlite. I modified them to fit my Hyperlites but takes about an hour of work on the lathe. Your Hyperlite has adjustment washers inside between the sheaves. You need to add a thin washer to let the belt down a little to looosen it up. They come in two thicknesses I think and the thin ones are maybe 30 thou thick. They are the same as Arctic I believe.

Good Luck
[snapback]720369[/snapback]​
I put them on 3 sleds with Hyperlites. All are on and working fine without a single problem?????????

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
That adjuster is supposed to lock into the ID of the center shaft of the clutch. When you put it on a Hyperlite it doesn't, it could float around and when the clutch is completely closed its thrusting against it. I didn't want to be 20 miles back in the mtns
and have it fatigue the bolt and snap it off. Don't know for sure it would do that but I don't like to take chances. I firmley believe in the "Law of Unintended Consequences" and do my best to dot all the I's and cross all the T's before I ever take my sled out of my shop. If you put it on a arctic sec you will see what I mean. I turned down a small shoulder (about 30 thou deep) that locks it in place into the ID of the Hyperlites shaft.

Good Luck

·
GotBoost?
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wicked_ZR said:
Do most dealers keep these shims in stock?
[snapback]720795[/snapback]​
Is it the Arctic Belt Adjuster or the ACT Dial Adjust? Do you I need to modify it to fit like LRD said so I don't have any problems? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.