Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally picking up a new sled after a few years of driving the wife's. My days of being first across the lake are gone so i am "settling" for a 600 this time. I'm pricing out summits and the sport 600 looks like the right fit but the etechs are tempting. Have called and priced out at a few places and it looks like the place I would rather go to has the equivalent or better price than anywhere else.

The question is, is the tech worth the extra 3K (CAD)? It has a 3 year warranty vs the 1yr for the sport but sheesh thats a good chunk of jingle. Im using for a bit of fishing, trail riding, hauling kids, ice hut and just goofing around with the buddies. I don't live at elevation so a few horsepower doesn't concern me. I hear the 600 carb has a reliable motor but I like the ease of the tech. Im not too old yet to pull start but is the difference worth it?

This has probably been asked a thousand times already but thanks anyways.

·
Registered
390 Posts
As a kid out of college I was in the same boat. I am seeing what the 2017 line up brings before I make any decisions however, I do think that etec is worth it. The fuel and oil economy are a big reason for me. Also not having to mess with carbs is a big plus too. Resale will of course be in the favor of the etec. the list goes on and on..... Get the Etec you wont be disappointed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts