Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Is it the rarest ??

4K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Wabash 
#1 ·
Is the 2003 Mach Z the rarest production sled available to the public ???
With those production #'s it must be ,

#2 ·
The production numbers are for sure low, but whether the most "collectible" Mach Z is the 1993, the Millennium, the Mike Houle or the 2003...that can be debated all winter long without coming to a conclusion...

The weird fact about the 2003 model is that dealers basically had to give them away during 2003-2004...Nobody wanted them...

#7 ·
The 2000 700’s were more rare than the Form III800’s(they were pretty darn rare too). The number of different CK3 models produced in 2000-2002 was staggering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
The 2003 Mach Z is the rarest Mach Z for sure. “Possibly” the rarest “production” Ski-Doo or at least one of them. I believe there were 350~ produced.

#8 · (Edited)
If you are looking for the rarest production sled available to the public, it becomes a question of definition.

The Sweden specific 1993 Mach Z got it's own model code (3862) and to my knowledge, only nine of them were ever made. They are true unicorns over here and nowadays you don't even see them in the open market. Once in a while, one transfers ownership from one collector to another collector, with a price tag close to a new turbo sled...

Is this rare...? Or is this just another 1993, together with the US and Canadian batch...?

The real Mach 1-X numbers were for sure lower than all Mach Z's, but were Mach 1-X's really available to the public...? Seems to depend very much on location. In some areas, it looks like they were sold as race sleds to racers only. Over here, I know the only one that came to my local dealership was sold new to a guy that is very much "normal public" and certainly not a racer. Also, a number of 440 race sleds would be low production numbers and borderline "available to the public".

Without doubt, the 2003 Mach Z production numbers are low. Even more of a unicorn to me than the 1993, because with everybody flabbergasted over the first REV, it was never even imported over here...Still, with non Ski-Doo brands included, it's not as rare as the last model (1997) Yamaha VMax-4 which was apparently only 181 units. Also, the 2002 Thundercat and the 2003 XCR800 are supposed to be super rare, but I never heard somewhat reliable numbers mentioned.

#11 ·
How does the 1993 Formula Plus EFI rank with these numbers? Maybe I should have kept mine.

#12 ·
I believe the EFI was 489 made, with many converted to carbs. I had one too, but decided to let it go, there are just no parts available for the EFI system. I mean someone probably has some, but certainly not easy to find. To me having an EFI converted to carbs doesn’t make much sense as a collectible. A lot of people liked the red seat, but otherwise not that special in my opinion, I understand they did run pretty strong when running properly.

#15 ·
The first 6 92 Mach 1x’s were rare….their build date (amongst other subtle differences) makes them different than the other 244 that were supposedly built. Although they were all technically race sleds so they really don’t pertain to this discussion I guess lol…

#17 ·
Is the 2003 Mach Z the rarest production sled available to the public ???
With those production #'s it must be ,
The answer to this question is no.

Someone mentioned above that the 03's were not desirable and sat in dealer's inventory for a long time, that's true. They did have to give them away.

Low production numbers can mean many things; from being very special, to being in very low demand. It's not an automatic value enhancer.

#20 ·
99 Form 3 800’s were available as spring order sleds. I set several up new out of the crate in the fall of 98 at the dealership. One of which I was able to get my hands back on last winter.

#23 ·
There’s a reason CK3s we’re rare. That 700 wore my ass out and I was young then.

Great motors. Horrible chassis for anything but a straight line.

Pretty sure you put mine together back in 98.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.