Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to work twin pipes in a 2015 renegade 600 carb on a stock engine with 87 pump gas?

·
hater on all xrs and freeride owners that drive li
2,307 Posts
they have twin pipes for the xp chassis, so no issue. but why would you want twin pipes on 87 octane for a 600 carb. it's barely a 100hp to start with. complete waste of time and money. and i doubt anybody even makes twins for that motor

Reactions: snow dance

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Sure. It would look pretty cool under that hood at the snowmobile show. Wait, you want to ride it? A 300 lb guy on a fanner would probably smoke you. Your sled has a highly tuned exhaust system on it. If you could even find a set for that engine, it would take major internal engine changes and much better fuel to make it run fast. Save your $3000 and get a bigger engine. IMO, of course.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I honestly just want the twin pipes for the sound and looks of them. I have an spi single pipe and ypipe but i'd be willing to change them to twin pipes anyday. Oh and btw i can beat any stock 800 in a drag race easily.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was beating stock 800's with just a clutch kit, different gears and a different track. The 600 carb is a pretty quick, light machine.

·
2,307 Posts
I was beating stock 800's with just a clutch kit, different gears and a different track. The 600 carb is a pretty quick, light machine.
2002 800's with worn out clutches and drivetrain on a 1" track dont count.

i cant wait for the can haters to start popping up and ridiculing you for wanting twin pipes just for the sound

p,s. the crowd around here can be pretty tough, welcome to the site

Reactions: Braaap24/7

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Oh. Geez, I feel better now. I was going to buy one those and put my 150hp engine in it. Guess ill just leave the 600 in it and get a clutch kit. Won't even have to buy good fuel. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
We're just funnin you dude! Just waste $300 on a can if you want to make more noise. It won't loose to much power, and you'll probably be able to sell it for $50 or so when you get tired of it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We're just funnin you dude! Just waste $300 on a can if you want to make more noise. It won't loose to much power, and you'll probably be able to sell it for $50 or so when you get tired of it.
i already have an hps can on it, i don't really like the noise of it anymore, twin pipes really give ski doo's a unique sound that racers have, that's why i want twins

·
2,307 Posts
if you want to be a poser, woops i mean racer i can sell you brand new plastic off a 2013 600rs

and no those pipes are built for aggressive porting and made to spin at 8700+ rpm

Reactions: IcutMetl

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't care about the looks of my sled, i just want the power and twin pipes would be a nice addition

·
2,307 Posts
I honestly just want the twin pipes for the sound and looks of them. I have an spi single pipe and ypipe but i'd be willing to change them to twin pipes anyday. Oh and btw i can beat any stock 800 in a drag race easily.
"just want the twin pipes for the sound and looks of them" enough said...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Money isn't a concern to me. It's only my 2nd year of riding so don't give me any hate plz. Hehe

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.