Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone happy with their '05 Mach Z?

Most of what I read are complaints (delay in arrival, going through boxes of spark plugs, bogging, etc.?)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Canuck 800 said:

Most of what I read are complaints (delay in arrival, going through boxes of spark plugs, bogging, etc.?)
[snapback]269646[/snapback]​
I am very happy with my new sled - best thing i've ever owned -just keeps putting smiles on my face - specially when i go by all those yamaha's

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yes, for the record I am very happy and I am one of the most vocal of its initial shortcomings. People who buy this sled have higher expectations, have generally ridden more, and want the best there is to offer.
A very picky bunch we are...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I sure love mine with the plug fowling issues lately,When it starts and if no fowled plugs I know it will run all day with no problems,it is a rush to hit 110 in seconds,I spent all last summer convincing my wife to buy one and know she says I should trade it in on a used sled with no problems.Now I got more convincing to do.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I also love mine.

Yes they have a few glitches. But Bombarider will work it out.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Machzzzz1 said:
I also love mine.

Yes they have a few glitches. But Bombarider will work it out.
[snapback]269908[/snapback]​
Never been on a better sled. No problems at all, runs like a bat out of hell and gets great gas mileage to boot!

·
Registered
74 Posts
You have a chance of having problems with anything during the first year, I didnt snowcheck nor would I any sled. I considrered waiting till next year, but sometimes like in previous model years, the forthcoming models are degraded. I have a 04 mxz 500 ss I bought last year for the wife, which has the engine of the 600 before the HO, she loves it, My 01 800 tripple, I would never part with, just because its a legend and my 12 yr old wounldnt let me, she loves it just because she doesnt like sitting up on the rev platform, I still ride it because its a classic and sounds the best of any stock sled. My new Mach Z is the best handling, smoothest and quickest stock sled.You need to own or ride, to understand how BRP did their homework and gave us a combination lake racer and trail machine in one. With fuel injection, instant throttle response, and I call it my dirt bike on snow, hit the throttle at any speed up to 80mph, you get the thrill of skis lifting 6-8 inches. Ive had a couple of fouled plugs now and then, but had the same with the tripple, so no big deal. I can tell you ,Glad I didnt hold off for second generation and miss out on all the fun this season

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have only 500 miles on the sled .... It is truely the next generation of performance comfort and cutting edge technology that brings such a huge sh&% eating grin to your face once you experience it first hand.... I have NOT fouled a single plug not even during the breaking in period .... My gas mileage is almost identical to my old milenium Mxz 700 with dpm which was better than most sleds out there......I don't have to work the engine nearly as hard to cruise over 80 miles an hour at 1/4 - 1/2 throttle is easy..... I really can't fault the sled in any major way....I can't wait to line up with some "fast" sleds and see just how good it really is....

·
Registered
215 Posts
I gotta say too! Best sled I ever owened,,,Fast
,Crazy
and Scary.
.What more could you posiblly want! It has a few buggs just takes time to work them out...TIME

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sorry fella's, newbie's have to arrive some time. Da Mach has 1100kms now,, runnining very strong!, yes have come against the 05 F7,, no problem, haven't found a close race yet,,,, . The Mach does what it was disigned to do,,, it runs fast, give it a smooth trail let her rip, don't pound it, it wasn't made for that,, it'll just hurt you, give it smooth sweeping trails and look out!. Fastest accelerating stock machine I've ever ridden.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Canuck 800 said:

[snapback]269646[/snapback]​
I have always owned Yamahas ( still do ), my 05 Mach Z is outstanding. I put on the solid paddle Ripsaw 1 1/4 with 144 woodies, Cudney primary clutch spring. It pulls very hard, very fast. I have had absolutley NO PROBLEMS, never fouled a plug, no coolant leaks no check engine lights.

·
Registered
442 Posts
No problems with mine, Except the stock clutching, It stinks, Already fixed that.
no fouled plugs, The mach is the sled I was waiting for, Love it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
joewin said:
I gotta say too! Best sled I ever owened,,,Fast
,Crazy
and Scary.
.What more could you posiblly want! It has a few buggs just takes time to work them out...TIME

[snapback]270008[/snapback]​
wheere did you get the colors?? looks great

·
Registered
168 Posts
1400M LOVE THE SLED , FOULED 2 UNDER 20M , OTHER THAN THAT EXCELLENT

ADDED FOX OX SHOCKS , BEST RIDE AND MOST FUN SLED EVER OWNED OUT OF 30+

·
Registered
270 Posts
GSXR said:
1400M LOVE THE SLED , FOULED 2 UNDER 20M , OTHER THAN THAT EXCELLENT

ADDED FOX OX SHOCKS , BEST RIDE AND MOST FUN SLED EVER OWNED OUT OF 30+
[snapback]270154[/snapback]​
Love mine best acceleration out there, the plug issue is not what I anticipated but they will fix that...The sled is great in all areas i was looking for...Great Job

·
Registered
576 Posts
Good to hear everyone likes thier sleds. I was beginning to think I was the only one! Definately the best sled ive ever owned. Only 300 miles but no problems at all, still have the original plugs too. The sled does need a clutch kit which it will get and if ya want to ditchbang youll need a little better shocks but thats not what the sled was built for, it was buit to go fast and that it does very well. Furthermore I have never owned a sled that didnt need a little tweaking to make it to my own personal liking. If I could go back I would definately drop the 10G again on this sled.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
ZRider said:
Good to hear everyone likes thier sleds. I was beginning to think I was the only one! Definately the best sled ive ever owned. Only 300 miles but no problems at all, still have the original plugs too. The sled does need a clutch kit which it will get and if ya want to ditchbang youll need a little better shocks but thats not what the sled was built for, it was buit to go fast and that it does very well. Furthermore I have never owned a sled that didnt need a little tweaking to make it to my own personal liking. If I could go back I would definately drop the 10G again on this sled.

[snapback]270276[/snapback]​
ditto 400 miles no plug problem, hyfax wear is only issue..... This thing is great when I got it it was a new ride for me. The first 4 hours was great it let you get used to the power that was soon to be released.. Then the chip time comes up and wham another new sled. Then a few hundred miles later stud it up and double wham another new ride! The clutch will be next when they get it tweeked just right. It will be a cudney kit when they are completely confident they have the package. So if they hurry I may get it this year. Thanks BRP

·
Registered
143 Posts
I also love my Z it handles awesome and pulls like a frieght train, gas mileage is great and no fouled plugs, so far (350miles) a very nice sled indeed.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well I do have the plug problems think I might have it pached till brp comes up with somthing Messing with clutchs too

But this sled is what I wanted!!! in the trails it is great! ride is awsome! looks bad*ss! and about time we get the weight trasfer back love to point to the sky what more do you want!!! I give it a 9 overall nobodys perfect

1 - 20 of 30 Posts