sledhead
2,241 Posts
I jsut sold a 04 600 gade (non X) for 4800, it only had 400 miles

Your sled should be worth 5000-5500

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its under 6000 miles and winter is just starting here.Another foot is expected by friday morning and the trails are fantastic. I still cant believe that people think 6000 is a lot of miles on a 04.I had 2 broken legs when I picked this sled up and didnt ride much.Back in the 80s 6000 miles would of been a good year.Not 2 and a half years.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
dheard4992 said:
Its under 6000 miles and winter is just starting here.Another foot is expected by friday morning and the trails are fantastic. I still cant believe that people think 6000 is a lot of miles on a 04.I had 2 broken legs when I picked this sled up and didnt ride much.Back in the 80s 6000 miles would of been a good year.Not 2 and a half years.
[snapback]719364[/snapback]​
I had the same problem with a sled i owned. I had 7500 miles on it in 3 years and no one would take it. I even hed the entire drive trail rebuilt-$1300.00 but I could not give it away.

anything over 4000mi is hard to move. Buy some new gauges, and it will be gone in a week!

·
Registered
597 Posts
6000 miles is not bad if you keep up on maintenance. The vast majority of people do not like to worry about much more than filling up the gas tank and oil. There is a sled for everyone. Someone with the knowledge to tinker will buy your sled with no quetions asked.

Good Luck!!!

·
Super Moderator
29,359 Posts
I wouldn't sell mine for that.

·
I might be dumb, but I’m not stupid!
1,296 Posts
people that have want a $4000 used sled want something with less miles. the reason they are buying a used sled is that they cannot afford a new one but want to buy something used that will not cost them $$$$ immediately in repairs. Your sled may be worth that but will be hard to sell, sorry but welcome to the world of owning a snowmobile

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanx for the welcome but ive been riding since 1969 and in 1991 i sold a 2 year old exciter for over 3000 so selling a 2 year old rev should be easy.Can you find a 04 x for 4000 because the cheapest ive found is 4500 and the rest have been more.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
an under hood pick someone wanted,its all i have for now as its blizzarding out and i wont have my digital camera till tomorrow at work.Thank you for all the instant messages and phone calls.It must be the fresh snow but I got more interest today than the last two weeks combined.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Next fall I want to buy a sled just like this one, and if I had the money I would prob buy your sled from you right now. But I'm a broke college student so I cant come up with any money till after summer. Like other ppl have said, thats a great price, but the miles might scare people off. Just give it a little time. Sombody will walk away with what looks like a great sled.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanx,the sled is in great shape and its never left me.even when i had it re-ringed all i did was drop it off on the way to work and picked it up after work.im sure it has another 10000 miles left in it without to much of a problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
LP TRAILWARRIOR said:
6000 miles on it right?, I would say its resonable.
[snapback]719266[/snapback]​
WHAT TYPE OF SUSPENSION UPGRADES DID YOU DO? I HAVE A 2005 600 SDI RENEGADE (NON-X) AND WOULD LIKE TO IMPROVE THE REAR SUSPENSION. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the only thing i have adjusted was tightening the front shock in the skid to take some ski pressure off as the project x skiis did increase steering pressure.On the x the shocks are rebuildable but mine rides great still and i havent done anything else.All i need to do is jump on our 2000 yamaha and im reminded how good the renegade rides.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts