Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
boost junkie
10,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant make up my mind now I have the 05 map and 1 degree advance.

At low speed I keep hearing a banging not like a miss, and I don't remember hearing it with the 06 map.

I dont think it runs as smoothly at low to mid with the 05 map but witch one is quicker I can't tell, hope someone knows.

We had a local 660ft drag sat and I was radared at 91 the track was a mess but I got to wip 2 Apexs

I haven't fouled any plugs with the 05 yet, but I think it will happen in warmer temps.

·
Registered
428 Posts
SKIDOOCHRIS said:
I cant make up my mind now I have the 05 map and 1 degree advance.

At low speed I keep hearing a banging not like a miss, and I don't remember hearing it with the 06 map.

I dont think it runs as smoothly at low to mid with the 05 map but witch one is quicker I can't tell, hope someone knows.

We had a local 660ft drag sat and I was radared at 91 the track was a mess but I got to wip 2 Apexs

I haven't fouled any plugs with the 05 yet, but I think it will happen in warmer temps.
[snapback]724713[/snapback]​
my buddy has the 05 mapping 1 degree advanced and i have 06 update and we can hold hands for as long as we please. he also had the 06 updates before and the same result NO diferent from what we have seen

·
Registered
367 Posts
sled ran to hot with the 06 update for me i like the 05 with 1 degree timming advance. i think the engine will last longer a little richer thank you.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
06 mapping is faster to 110 if you have enough traction,but the 05 is faster
top end, mine gained 7 mph with the 05 mapping and was faster in 1000'
and 2000' because I could hook it up .

The 05 mapping is also richer and allows for some cooling via extra fuel and
I didn't notice any gain in fuel milage with the 06 ,I average about 16-18 mpg CND with the 05.

As I posted about 2 months ago the perfect set will be 05 mapping with the addition of a program box like a boondocker controller.

Cliff

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
fouled 2 set of plugs on cold start ups Fri in the UP one in the morning first start and one at lunch. The one at lunch was just one plug pto side. I cant tell which is faster anything over a 100 (which is pretty easy) I just hang on and pay attention.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
There is no doubt in my mind that the 06 mapping is quicker and is at the very least as fast on radar. I have run lots of 05's and never lost to one yet. I think dealer prep is perhaps the biggest culprit in most sleds problems.

Spike

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
BlueMax said:
SPIKE said:
There is no doubt in my mind that the 06 mapping is quicker and is at the very least as fast on radar. I have run lots of 05's and never lost to one yet. I think dealer prep is perhaps the biggest culprit in most sleds problems.

Spike
[snapback]725705[/snapback]​
Spike

You have more time and money invested in clutching than most do in all of their mods. I would hope your 06 would beat most 05 Machs. The 05 map is much easier for the average guy to clutch and this is why most are saying the 05 map is faster. There is a difference in timing on the 06 and this loads the clutching differently than the 05. The two maps have to be clutched differently with the same ramps tells me there is something different. The weather conditions may affect the two maps differently so they are very difficult to compare. I know from my own testing with both maps that the 05 map is faster on top end with my limited ability of clutch setups. I think it may also have an advantage in the upper midrange but I have no data to substantiate. There sure seems to be a lot more owners sticking cylinders with the updated map than with the original map. There were almost zero issues last year with seizures. The 160 cranking compression that adrenalater8 has is on the high end for a stock Mach and it should definitely rock and roll. Most Machs can be brought to this level but it requires some work.

Don't forget you beat all of the 05 Machs last year with a 05 Mach.
[snapback]726130[/snapback]​
Blue

Well time yes, money not really, at least thats what I tell the wife so lets keep it quiet. What I can say is that I think this years is way easier to clutch than last years. Complete opposite than what you feel. I can put in and have put in 5-6 different combos in my sled and they all work very very well. Dalton stuff rules no doubt and the full Dalton compliment is very good but I still like my Team. Except the Team I still have not gone to last years set up.

You have been lucky enough to test both and I think there may be more to the 06 mapping in an 05 compared to an 06 with 06 mapping then we know.

Until I get a day or hopefully days of conditons where we have a plowed track and ice to match last year I will and may never know. Right now my sled and my buddies has beat every 05 we have come up against. Some more tricks to try out to see but still have yet to come up against an 05 that says it rocks and race him. Maybe they say that before I race them. LOL. but I would love to race on to find out for sure. At the end of it all there is little difference i have seen in a good set up both ways. Last year was a bigger difference at times.

Spike

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think Spike hit the nail on the head about the issues with the 06 mapping in the 05s. I have been fortunate enough to test both the 05 and 06 mapping side by side with the same 06 Mach every weekend. 06 mapping in my 05 and the 06 would catch me at about 80mph pull ahead 2-3 lenghts and we would sit like that the rest of the way down lake. 05 mapping in my 05 and I would pull the 06 off the git go by 4-5 lenghts and he would never catch me. Now get this..... 06 gets the cold start update which was to address cold start only and these 2 machines are like 2 peas in a pod. I really cant post speeds all I can tell you is side by side results and that I gained 7-9 mph with 05 mapping but it seemed to me that so did the 06 with cold start update

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
powervalveba said:
Spike how do you compare to Enzo's 05 mach z
[snapback]726266[/snapback]​
Enzo had his sled up here earlier and I would have to say his at best would be equal. I always was in front and mine definely accelerates faster. While he seemed to be catching up on top I am not so sure that would equate to faster since I am giving up over 100 lbs to him. On radar his 122 mine 121.9 but in that same length drag race mine was in front.

Spike

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would like to know if you can put the Mach Z 05 ecm program in a Mach Z 06 ecm. I had a tech try to put the 05 mach program in an 06 summit and it would not let him. He said the summit and mach have different ecms? I thought maybe the same with 06 Mach and 05 Mach? Also what tps setting do you seem to like best, the stock setting on the 05 or 06 I am not sure if the are different. And from what I read you seemed to like one degree adv on the timing. is that right. does the 06 like one degree also?.Thanks for the help
I have a friend with problems with his 06Mach and I am working through some issues with my 05.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
219 Posts
rotten65 said:
I would like to know if you can put the Mach Z 05 ecm program in a Mach Z 06 ecm. I had a tech try to put the 05 mach program in an 06 summit and it would not let him. He said the summit and mach have different ecms? I thought maybe the same with 06 Mach and 05 Mach? Also what tps setting do you seem to like best, the stock setting on the 05 or 06 I am not sure if the are different. And from what I read you seemed to like one degree adv on the timing. is that right. does the 06 like one degree also?.Thanks for the help
I have a friend with problems with his 06Mach and I am working through some issues with my 05.

Thanks again.
[snapback]728988[/snapback]​
ttt

·
Registered
816 Posts
rotten65 said:
rotten65 said:

Thanks again.
[snapback]728988[/snapback]​
ttt
[snapback]734458[/snapback]​
my two 05 machs at best with clutching , domes , and deco plugs saw 125 on the speedo once. my 06' s will do 124 to 126 on the speedo all the time. all they have is the set screws in stock clutching. on the same day and conditions the 06 did 126 and the 05 with 05 mapping did 118. i think 06 is faster.

·
boost junkie
10,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IF YOU HAVE SEEN MY POST 611 VS 207, BLUE SAID IT IS 790 NOT 207

So I now have the 790 map or 06.5 and today hit 117 on radar speedo 123

that is the best I have done, mxzx800ho also did 117 on the gun and his gps said 117 guess my cheep gun was worth $90

glare ice today temp 30 windy as hell and snow showers on Lk Orion

Yep glad I dont have 611 $15 plugs suck

·
Registered
957 Posts
SKIDOOCHRIS said:
IF YOU HAVE SEEN MY POST 611 VS 207, BLUE SAID IT IS 790 NOT 207

So I now have the 790 map or 06.5 and today hit 117 on radar speedo 123

that is the best I have done, mxzx800ho also did 117 on the gun and his gps said 117 guess my cheep gun was worth $90

glare ice today temp 30 windy as hell and snow showers on Lk Orion

Yep glad I dont have 611 $15 plugs suck

[snapback]734658[/snapback]​
Chris Great Time today on the Lake! Thanks for bringing the gun! ~John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts