Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I put them into my Blizzard and the ss25. They seem to start easier and are supposed to last longer and burn better due to the metals they are made from. They have an ultra fine point on them too.

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
DONT BUY THEM. I made the biggest mistake. Not one noticable difference, in fact its harder to start with these plugs. No acceleration increase or anything. The reason why they say al of this is becuase they set a bigger gap with a smaller point allowing there to be a bigger gap without less strain on ur ignition system. If you want iridium plugs, get ur originals and gap them to 25 or 30 and there you go you got iridium plugs. They even work better than iridiums. And id think tht 6 pairs of normal plugs will outrun one pair of iridums. 20bucks apair for iridiums and 5 bcks for a set of normals. I ment four sets lol

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
ok I can gaurentee that if you bought a new set of regular plugs and put them in it would still start on the first pull. The reason why you bought a new set of plugs is because the ones previously in there wer egteeting warn out, therfor u buyin a new set of plugs will oviously work better

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Actually plugs get changed every year. Sometimes it took a "edit for bad language" load of pulls for the Blizzard. Enough to "edit for bad language" me off. I tried the Iridiums and presto less than a pull. I'm sorry that you didn't have as good of an experience with them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Actually NGK Iridium Ix plugs are 10.50, and the normals are 3.99 here...so it aint that much more expensive...and where I only got a one lunger it wouldn't be too bad. Degasus, gappin out your standard plugs is just really hard on your ignition system, it takes a lot more voltage to jump that size of a gap with a standard plug.
Just my $.02

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
well ya ok you csan keep convincing yourself tth u spent ur money well but If anyone else replys I can gaurentee you they are going to say tht it is not worth the money. Plus iv known ppl who hav e nevre changed ther eplugs for like 5 years on reg NGK's. If uw ant to spend 20 bucks compared to 5 bucks on plus tht u barly notice anything go ahead im giveing you my opinion

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
well i never foul my reg plugs but if ur plgs foul it would help i guess. They are 6bucks more each, so ur spendin 12 bucks more. But ppl say since tht the point is so small tht it fouls more easliy? But its able to burn at a higher temp. I think u should make a poll dude. On ur sled it aint worth it even on mine I was stuipid

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
All my citations are twins im just hooked onto them, lol srry

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Most people say they're not worth the extra$$. I use reg NGK in all my sleds and never had any probs..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts