Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

OCD Sledhead
Mach Z 900R
Just found another tidbit on the '22 900r.

New larger opening in the intercooler grill.

Should help get air into the newly enlarged IC.

Nice work.

Dan

Attachments

boost junkie
or just add a fan

OCD Sledhead
Mach Z 900R
Just found another tidbit when scouring pics....

Some may not know this, the 900r gets "Electro-Mechanical" reverse, so push button.

Pics dont lie.

Wonder if those knee pads are stock with Mach?

Dan

Attachments

OCD Sledhead
Mach Z 900R
Still trying to find a pic of XRS right knee area for '22....as the pdf spec sheet says "mechanical" on XRS only. I have a feeling it may be a typo..... does not make sense to give the push button reverse to all others, even the cheaper ADR model and not XRS.

Dan

Registered
I actually like the mechanical reverse, it works great and is super reliable. I'm not real crazy about the new reverse but oh well, it's not going to stop me from buying one...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Agreed, i will take the Mechanical over electronic any day.
Do a search on here and the electronic reverse has had many problems.
The leaver works 100%, 100% of the time.

boost junkie
the engineers put the IC up high so you can insall the radiator kit...
they would sell a ton more of upgraded intercoolers than a lame radiator kit
brp still thinks the 4 stroke as trucks not sports cars

Reactions: rockerdan

Registered
the engineers put the IC up high so you can insall the radiator kit...
they would sell a ton more of upgraded intercoolers than a lame radiator kit
brp still thinks the 4 stroke as trucks not sports cars
I, as well as many others here l'm sure would beg to differ with BRP on that one. I don't think l could honestly go back to a 2-stroke.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Registered
Agreed, i will take the Mechanical over electronic any day.
Do a search on here and the electronic reverse has had many problems.
The leaver works 100%, 100% of the time.
If they use the electronic reverse system that is in the Gen 4 Expedition's it should not be an issue. I believe limit switches were added to the system and it has been rock solid reliable.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

OCD Sledhead
Mach Z 900R
Agree 100% Mechanical is perfect, great lever(better design then 1200) in how it pulls from opposite end. And never a concern if it will work or not, reminds me of my Apex with lever it was never an issue after so many yrs. Winder push button sucks and often an issue!

This was another one of these totally UNEXPECTED changes BRP threw at us for 2022.

I'm shocked at how much NEW BRP has put into the new 900r sleds...ACE engine certainly is their future!

Dan

OCD Sledhead
Mach Z 900R
Still trying to find a pic of XRS right knee area for '22....as the pdf spec sheet says "mechanical" near bottom of page, on XRS only. I have a feeling it may be a typo..... does not make sense to give the push button reverse to all others, even the cheaper ADR model and not XRS.

Dan
I'm quoting myself above. After another look at the spec PDF sheet for XRS, I see up near the "What's New" section it does say the same "Electro-Mechanical" reverse. Sorta figured this, and it makes sense they all have it(900r).

Dan

Attachments

Registered
If they use the electronic reverse system that is in the Gen 4 Expedition's it should not be an issue. I believe limit switches were added to the system and it has been rock solid reliable.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Not rock solid , i have had several times it will not go into reverse . Have yet to take it back to the dealer .

I would like to add that i have to run the belt lower in the secondary to get the reverse to work .

1 - 20 of 40 Posts