Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Insurance

562 views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  skimp369 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have a new MXZ 500 ss Adr and at this point I just have liability and not full coverage I got quoted $280.00 for the resr of the season and I'm debating on taking it out ( with ins we bet that we are going to have a problem) I also am debating on the extended waranty ( another $250.00) do most of you guys carry full coverage and is it worth it.
Thank You
Charlie ( Mendon VT)

#3 ·
I carry liability and comprehensive. Comprehensive covers fire, theft vandalism and when the sled is being transported in the trailer. Collision is a lot of money and I'm counting on keeping it out of the trees (10 years and nothing close to a collision). I figure I have a greater risk of damage on the roads and highways when you get suck out on the roads in a snow storm.

#7 ·
Shortbus, who do you have for insurance. I just got full coverage quote and it was $480.

Right now I am running comp and liability only....but if I could score a policy for $250 with full then I would get that. Yes I have a perfect driving record so that's not it.

#9 ·
Full coverage with REPLACEMENT VALUE not blue book (very important). About $380 per year, per sled. Didn't make a difference that I am riding an 800, wife a 500 and son a 380.

No, I don't have loans on the sleds. I just feel for the money ($30 per month) it just makes since. I don't want to worry about anything I just want to ride.

Metropolitan is the insurance company.

#12 ·
charlie said:
Hi,
I have a new MXZ 500 ss Adr and at this point I just have liability and not full coverage I got quoted $280.00 for the resr of the season and I'm debating on taking it out ( with ins we bet that we are going to have a problem) I also am debating on the extended waranty ( another $250.00) do most of you guys carry full coverage and is it worth it.
Thank You
Charlie ( Mendon VT)
[snapback]309123[/snapback]​
Thank you all for the input before I go riding in about two hours I'm going to get it .
Thank You
Charlie

#14 ·
Looking at the responses, all from the U.S where insurance rates are obviously very low. If I could get full coverage for $250 buck, I would definitely buy it too.

For $250, what is your deductible ?
I've never heard of replacement coverage on a sled, is that for 30 months, like on a new car ?

Collision would add another $400 / year for something I ride in control and on uncrowded trails for 4000-5000 km (2500-3100 miles) / season (but not this year). Value of sled for insurance purposes $15,000 Cdn. Full coverage (~$700) would cost as much as my $35,000 van which sees 10 x the miles/yr and 365 days verses a very short snow season.

An actual collision on a sled might be a few thousand $$ in repair with a $1000 deductible, perhaps a tunnel/frame replacement (local shop is fixing frames when people hit trees up by A-arms and bend frames), some plastic, A-arms. If the sled is a total write-off, chance are I won't be needing a sled anytime soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.