Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
RS
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had issues with insurance on a race sled. I tried adding my 15 RS and the serial number isn't in the system and the only other way is to insure as an high risk or something where it's a race sled. My motorcycle is isured as high risk but any sporty motorcycle has to be.

·
RS
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crap... my insurance on my RS is more than a $90k diesel truck

·
I picked a stupid name...
1,537 Posts
I have a stated value policy on mine. The VIN doesn't work in their system either so they just asked how much I wanted to insure it for. It's pretty reasonable as far as premiums go. I can't remember off hand what they are but I want to say less than $300 for the year with comp and collision with $1000 or $500 deductible. I believe my company rates it by CCs so it costs just as much as any other 600.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
No problem at all with liberty mutual. Full coverage fire, theft, collision for $130 a season. I think it's a 6 month policy.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Progressive insured my iqr no problem, they selected it under a consumer iq trail sled which doesn't cost much to insure.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
RS
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I couldn't do it that way as it has to be insured under the serial number which is a race sled and I can't seem to change that

·
RS
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah its only the RS I'm having troubles with. My 3 other sleds are fine

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would consider changing providers then. I'm with Progressive Insurance for $145 a year for full coverage up to $250,000. I'm paying an extra $10 a year for a $250 deductible. They have it done by the serial number and it says 600RS right on my paperwork.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts