Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so got the oem ski doo hyfax, but cant find info on cutting, do i cut them flush with rail, the ones that where on there were cut behind rail?

·
Mass Confussion
2,988 Posts
Not sure if that is always the case. Some shops stock the longer ones and let us less than gifted(see Irish)gentlemen cut them down. I usually like to cut them on angle with the back of the rail. Put the sled on a stand, take the belt off and turn the track by hand. See what your opinion is when the track starts making the turn at the back wheels.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there's no info on cutting bc if you bought the correct ones they don't need to be cut.
Got the skid out of sled, so cant really turn track and the ones i got from the doo dealer are 3 inches longer than the rail

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Remove your original.....take a #2 phillips screwdriver and push it thru the mount (bolt hole) then do the same with the new hyfax (now they are stacked). This will give you the correct length as the OEM cut. I agree with putting a bevel on the tails.

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
agreed, I cut the back of the hyfax at a 45 degree angle...just to prevent them from catching when I'm using reverse. Better to be a little short than long IMO.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Why couldn't you just take the old ones out and cut the new ones to their length? I just bought some and they only sold the ones for the 163" and i have the 154" track.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Why couldn't you just take the old ones out and cut the new ones to their length? I just bought some and they only sold the ones for the 163" and i have the 154" track.
Bodacious beat you to that one!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts