Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"BRP product tester"
3,586 Posts
My 07' Freestyle 550 had ES on already so I can't comment on that sled........but I did install it on my 06' 300 and it was easy. I would think it would be the same for the 550. Very plug and play. The only hickup I encountered was the bolt holes on the back of the clutch to hold the ring gear were not tapped. They give you some funky looking bolts and they almost looked like self tappers. I couldn't take that chance so I bought the tap and ran it in all the holes. Good to go.

I think the 550 has a ring gear installed weather it has ES or not. Does your 550 have a ring gear already?

·
"BRP product tester"
3,586 Posts
Ring gear is on the 550 - but not on the 300. I searched through your posts as you suggested, I gather you suggest either locating the metal battery box for use, or installing some sort of heat shield to prevent melting/fires. I do not have the kits in hand yet to know what box it will come with. Thanks for the advice.
The 550 should be a breeze then.

My kit for my 300 came with the plastic battery box so I would assume yours will too. Just bend up a heat shield like I did or the heat tape as others have done. The shield works good for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.