Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm going to be installing an electric fuel gauge in my 2003 mxz (ZX Chassis) and was wondering if anyone had some tech data and tips. Will look good once installed but I want to make sure I do it right.

·
Professional Spark Plug Gapper
15,501 Posts
rotax man said:
Hi,
I'm going to be installing an electric fuel gauge in my 2003 mxz (ZX Chassis) and was wondering if anyone had some tech data and tips. Will look good once installed but I want to make sure I do it right.
[snapback]705920[/snapback]​
i just installed a elec temp guage in my 03 mxz zx and it was a breeze. didn't have the template for drilling the hole but some patience works just as well. as far as installing the gauge you shouldnt have any problems, electrical connections are already there just plug and play once you drill the hole.

as far as sending units for the actual function of the gauge, sorry i have no advice for that. post how it goes, i want to eventually get one for mine

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
Mine went fairly painless. I did have a problem with the tank seal not sealing. It took some extra o rings around the studs to seal it up. Part of the issue is I did not have the exact size drill and possible the holes being slightly large was the cause. I would recommend doing a full tank leak check over night before installing the seat.

·
lay the smack down
2,961 Posts
I did this over the summer ot my '02 mxz

it is very easy as others have mentioned... remove the seat...
its all there even the dimples where you have to drill into the tank..... use a hole saw just big enough for the float to fit through... i never did a overnight test to see if it leaked or held the gas... just put gas in it once completed and crossed fingers...

as for the wiring.. it is already there... plug in tank end and then once gauge is installed there should be a plug in the dash area for it as well...

good luck

love

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.