Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you just drop a battery in the 12 volt system? No draw problems?

Idea maybe for:
Engine off lighting (LEDs)
Running High and Low beams at the same time for periods
Even easyer starting

·
Registered
12 Posts
WhiteHawk said:

Idea maybe for:
Even easyer starting
[snapback]688057[/snapback]​
I have a 04 600 SDi and but a reg 12 volt battery in it, I took out the capacitor thingy and the small battery cell. It worked fine at first then the lights started flashing in the gauge, (warning light) I pulled main fuse and it was fine when replaced it. Brought it to dealer and told me to put back in stock battrey and capacitor, siad ther was feed back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ssmskidoo said:
WhiteHawk said:

Idea maybe for:
Even easyer starting
[snapback]688057[/snapback]​
I have a 04 600 SDi and but a reg 12 volt battery in it, I took out the capacitor thingy and the small battery cell. It worked fine at first then the lights started flashing in the gauge, (warning light) I pulled main fuse and it was fine when replaced it. Brought it to dealer and told me to put back in stock battrey and capacitor, siad ther was feed back.
[snapback]691653[/snapback]​
That kinda tells me I need more than just a battery (capacitor). I just bought a factory service manual, I need to check out the wiring diagrams and see what else is in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.