Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a 12v power outlet on my 2016 Tundra but have no idea where it is suppose to go. Ski-doo sells the kits and it states that it installs inside the compartment. I do not know of any compartment on the Tundra? The kits come with a wire harness so I assume there is already a plug I just need to plug into. I have seen videos on other sled models that already have a hole for it to mount into as well. I cannot find one on my sled. Has anyone installed a 12-volt power outlet on a newer tundra? Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have 2 of them I'll be attempting to install tonight...1 on a new Tundra and another on a 2015 Skandic. I'm just going to look for the empty plug-in from the battery side of the machine. It's supposed to be visible looking across the top of the battery upward to just under the gauge console. I was informed that you get a better view with the air box removed. You can slide that out from the other side of the machine.

I was also informed that only one wire connector will find a partner on the Tundra. The other connector apparently has a use for chassis' other than the XU.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got it...pretty easy. On the left side, remove side cover then disconnect the intake tube that goes into the air box. It should just twist apart once you flip the catch out of the way. Slide the tube up into the upper chamber and from there you’ll see a wire bundle above where the intake tube was. There should be a small connector hanging loose there. Drill your outlet hole and plug the one set of wires in. The other set of wires on the outlet are for a different chassis application.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine installed but there is no power going to that plug (with the sled on and running). I have not tried revving it up yet to see if it get's power at a certain RPM - but that will not work for me anyway because I was planning to use this to power my GPS.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
GPS1 and GPS2 terminals should have power all the time, even with the sled off.. I believe 2 is positive and 1 is negative, but always double check with a meter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I did find that yes, if I rev it up, it get's power. I ended up just cutting the plug off the end of the wires and wiring the outlet directly to the battery. Now I have power for my GPS :)

No idea where the GPS1 and GPS2 terminals are?

·
Registered
29 Posts
GPS terminals are under the instrument cluster shroud. Not the most convenient place for them.

As far as I know, removal of the instruments and full shroud are necessary to locate them.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
Just pop out the gauge cluster and unplug it, takes about one minute. GPS wires are tucked in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts