Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Got my BENDER can installed today and went for a ride........Holy fricken balls batman! Finally a can that MAKES power.

Heres the whole story. I took my 05 500 SS out for a Test Ride on our railroad tracks and found a straight stretch and held it wide open for the whole distance and watched the digital speedo for a readout.

Stock it pulled 96 MPH and reved to 8,000 rpm exactely. (it was groomed hard and frozen from last night)

Then i installed Boyesen Rad Valves.....Test rode it on exact same trail section and it pulled 98 Mph and was reving 8,100 rpm.

Then I went and slipped the Bender can on it. Same trail.....102 fricken MPH and it was screaming at 8,300 Rpm! Keep in mind the trail got a tad softer as the day went on becuse it was like 34-35 degrees F.
So for all the Can owners, who can actually say that theirs MADE power?

The saddest part of this GREAT day was that my neighbor got "edit for bad language" off because of the louder pipe. I am living over my business, and I can't afford to "edit for bad language" off and local people, so the Bender can is going to be SOLD. I hate to do it, and I know it's really not that loud, but sometimes you gotta do things to avoid problems in a small town when you are in business.

So for anyone that wants a great can, PM me and we'll discuss it. Supposedly they didn't make many of these cans, and they are basically sold out and aren't making any more until next year. I waited 2 months for this can.
I paid $259 for the can, and I've only had it for about 4 HOURS now, so its basically brank spanking new. I'd like to get over or around $200 for it shipped. Let me know, I'l start a thread in the classifieds too. Oh yeah, this will fit all Rev 500SS, 600HO, 600SDI, and 800's.

darn I hate selling this!

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I must have missed the funny part myself.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
Deadman said:
Got my BENDER can installed today and went for a ride........Holy fricken balls batman! Finally a can that MAKES power.

Heres the whole story. I took my 05 500 SS out for a Test Ride on our railroad tracks and found a straight stretch and held it wide open for the whole distance and watched the digital speedo for a readout.

Stock it pulled 96 MPH and reved to 8,000 rpm exactely. (it was groomed hard and frozen from last night)

Then i installed Boyesen Rad Valves.....Test rode it on exact same trail section and it pulled 98 Mph and was reving 8,100 rpm.

Then I went and slipped the Bender can on it. Same trail.....102 fricken MPH and it was screaming at 8,300 Rpm! Keep in mind the trail got a tad softer as the day went on becuse it was like 34-35 degrees F.

The saddest part of this GREAT day was that my neighbor got "edit for bad language" off because of the louder pipe. I am living over my business, and I can't afford to "edit for bad language" off and local people, so the Bender can is going to be SOLD. I hate to do it, and I know it's really not that loud, but sometimes you gotta do things to avoid problems in a small town when you are in business.

So for anyone that wants a great can, PM me and we'll discuss it. Supposedly they didn't make many of these cans, and they are basically sold out and aren't making any more until next year. I waited 2 months for this can.
I paid $259 for the can, and I've only had it for about 4 HOURS now, so its basically brank spanking new. I'd like to get over or around $200 for it shipped. Let me know, I'l start a thread in the classifieds too. Oh yeah, this will fit all Rev 500SS, 600HO, 600SDI, and 800's.

[snapback]743137[/snapback]​
If u want a good can i bought the AAEN setup its great without the loud sound, a real nice performance rumble to it without the braaaaap noise of the traditional silencers.
Or get a Rk tech head i hit a good 90 mph on ice in 660ft, and 100 mph and i can pull all day in 1000ft max all day.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I contacted Bender and they told me how to quiet it down.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
You should take a video/sound clip of this next time you ride. I am trying to decide between a bender and Dynoport considering both are supposed to be close to stock and somewhere around 10lbs savings.

I have the J&T "Quiet" Trail can and although it is not real loud at WOT (nice bark) it really has an anoying deep tone at slow cruising speeds that seems rather loud. I would prefer a can the was closer to stock at idle and slow cruising speeds but would be louder at WOT.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Deadman said:

[snapback]743137[/snapback]​
I have the same can on my 800X Deadman and i agree it seems to make more power. I bought mine based on dyno reports from Dyntotech research.com and TT670 comments..

I have not had the chance to test it exactly like you did but I also can verify the noise... So far no tickets but there is always the chance...

I am also going back to stock can just because i don't want the hassle from cops

is yours the nickel plated one??

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The Wayniac said:
sounds like a sales pitch to me. just put it in the classifieds.
[snapback]744070[/snapback]​
Hi! I'm Ken Fritz, I live in Canada and I own a 06 500SS. Is this manual is available to be shipped to Canada? If so, how can payment be arranged? I'm very familiar with Polaris machines and I'm a first time Skidoo owner. A manual would really help with some questionable things that I've run into. If an 06 isn't available, an 05 would be better than nothing. Hope you can help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts