Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you put the mounting bracket on the sled first then mount the braket to the ski...

Looks like once the bracket is attached to the ski the mounting bolt wont go in....

Never seen skis where the braket attches to the runners...
and the side walls are to tall that the bolt that goes through the spindle cant be pulled out with out removing the bolts for the carbide.......

How did you install them?

My guess is to put the mount bracket on the sled first..... then attach the skis to the mounting bracket...... the directions say the oppsite........

$%^$&*^%$

Maybe I got the wrong parts....... but the bolt that attaches the skis to the sled cant get to the mounting bracket hole becasue the ski edge is to high/////

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I bolted mine to the spindle first, then the ski. You can't get the spindlebolt in if you put the bracket on the ski first. At least on mine I couldn't, Even though the instructions tell you to mount the bracket on the ski first. I think the directions were copy and paste from their other skis. That was my experience.......

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Duck.... I am with you... tried like RR said and the spindle bolt will not go through becasue the ski shoulder is to high.....

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
Check your directions - are they for the SLP SLT ski's?

Likely...

Follow the SLP PP directions, or go to slp.com and download the .PDF if you don't have the right directions. Or go to www.bigparts.com I think Randy has instructions links there.

But yeah you put the mounts on first, then put the carbide through the ski and mount the carbide/ski combination to the ski mount you just put on the sled.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Put a set on my sons F5, put the bracket on first as the depth of the keel is too great to allow the bolt to be put in first.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone..... just wanted to confirm... I had read most PP posts and this was not discused.... figured I may have somthing wrong....

which would not be the first time

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
[quote name='Absopure' date='Jan 20 2005, 06:04 PM']
Do you put the mounting bracket on the sled first then mount the braket to the ski...

Looks like once the bracket is attached to the ski the mounting bolt wont go in....

Never seen skis where the braket attches to the runners...
and the side walls are to tall that the bolt that goes through the spindle cant be pulled out with out removing the bolts for the carbide.......

How did you install them?

My guess is to put the mount bracket on the sled first..... then attach the skis to the mounting bracket...... the directions say the oppsite........

I was also confused, but mounting the bracket on the sled first was the only thing to do. I think SLP should update the directions for the Powder Pros since alot of us is thinking what the F.......K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts