Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 800 PT Gade and I am looking at a used electric start from an 05 800 PT. This unit was sold so I had ordered a new one but now it seems available again and I am hearing I may need a new VR, the dealer says he doesn't know, some come with some without, it is listed in the parts list but he says that some come without. What else besides the battery, holder, ring gear, motor do I need, There are wires going to the chaincase for this so I am set there. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
MotionMan said:
I have an 05 800 PT Gade and I am looking at a used electric start from an 05 800 PT. This unit was sold so I had ordered a new one but now it seems available again and I am hearing I may need a new VR, the dealer says he doesn't know, some come with some without, it is listed in the parts list but he says that some come without. What else besides the battery, holder, ring gear, motor do I need, There are wires going to the chaincase for this so I am set there. Thanks for your help.
[snapback]703416[/snapback]​
I have installed several E-Starts and never had to change the VR. I have only put them in carbed sleds tho... SDI may be differant....just a guess. On the carbed models you will need the confiuration harness for the E start to work (located behind the left side panel way up high. Has a relay plugged into the end of it)

-Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.