Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Unscrew it off the carb rack and disconnect it from there. try to count the threads or not disturb the bottom nut so you can get it close when you reconnect it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
what i did was un hook the small snap ring on the throttle block. It was easy to get out of the throttle lever, but requires 2 people to get it back in since one has to hold the throttle cable wide open at the carbs, and the other has to guide it back through the throttle lever. Im not sure if its a better way than trueblue's suggestion but it worked for me.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Why are you disconnecting the throttle cable to install the high riser kit? I did one 3 months ago and didnt need to remove the throttle cable.

Sorry I didnt mention that earlier Ive been in the beers tonight

·
Registered
532 Posts
you need to disconnect it to get the throttle block off the old bars and on to the new ones. Mine was not long enough to slide it off without disconnecting it but if you take the bars off the old riser after you get the left side stuff off, you can take the right side grip and throttle block off without taking off the cable. I would have done this but without the riser holding the bar, i was un able to get the grip to slide off. Mine was really tight.

·
Registered
398 Posts
revcrazy said:
Ski-doo said it would take a qualified tech 1.6 hours. I got the numbers reversed and 6.1 hours later I'm 80% done.
Thanks for the posts with your advise everyone.. It helped alot.
[snapback]284367[/snapback]​
6.1 hrs??? Geeeeez. Makes me want to grab a couple of beers, pull up a lawn chair and watch you tackle a bra strap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.