Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you all for your heartfelt prayers and sympathy.

We have spent the evening with Mark and his family who have asked us to ensure that we express their gratitude to everyone that has been touched by this horrible accident.

It may help your hearts in knowing that Mark and the girls while embracing their strong religious beliefs, are all keeping well and extremely strong during this time. We know that Joanne has left us for a better place and purpose that only God has selected her for.

The large group of friends, cologues and even simple acquaintances that have taken the time to support Mark and his family is absolutely overwhelming, although not for one minute surprising if you new them.

The young driver involved in this accident was not at fault and we need to commend him for his brave effort to assist us while we worked to keep Joanne with us at the scene.

For those wishing to pay their respects and have the opportunity to say farewell to Joanne, I will provide all the details once confirmed. It is anticipated that this will happen on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Enzo....not 100% sure but I think we have met last year when Mark and I showed up at( Puslinch lake) and you guys were testing new Mach Z's...regardless please pass on to Mark & family my deepest sympathies and absolute best wishes in their time of need....sincerely,, Doug Welch

·
Registered
1 Posts
welch said:
Enzo....not 100% sure but I think we have met last year when Mark and I showed up at( Puslinch lake) and you guys were testing new Mach Z's...regardless please pass on to Mark & family my deepest sympathies and absolute best wishes in their time of need....sincerely,, Doug Welch
[snapback]688351[/snapback]​
Our deepest sympathies go out to the Stevenson family, Mark and his three beautiful daughters Rebekah, Courtney and Danielle in this time of need. I cannot even express how shocked we were to hear of this tragedy and terrible loss. For anyone that knew Joanne, you would certainly know that she was a beautiful person both inside and outside. She will certainly be missed by all that knew her.

My sympathies also go out to Enzo and his wife who along with Mark had to suffer and watch a close friend and devoted wife slip away in front of their eyes. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.............................

Gary, Jacquie & Katelyn Slemmonds

·
Registered
471 Posts
SPIKE said:
Funeral and viewing information is attached. Please note that both are being held in Brampton.

Stan
[snapback]688230[/snapback]​
OK GUYS, THERE HAS BEEN A CHANGE IN PLANS!! The funeral is on THURSDAY, sorry for the inconvenience.
Viewing

Tuesday, January 31st, 2006
5:30 - 9:30pm

Wednesday, February 1st, 2006
5:30 - 9:30pm

Ward Funeral Home
905-451-2124
52 Main Street South,
Brampton, ON L6W 2C5

Funeral Service

Thursday, February2nd, 2006
12:00pm Luncheon to follow service

Kennedy Road Tabernacle
905-459-1971
141 Kennedy Road North,
Brampton, ON L6V 1X9

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn`t know Joanne but I believe God works in mysterious ways and that terrible accident we may not understand why but I think it will cause many of the people who have read these posts to be extra careful.I believe she will be looking down at us and her husband and girls as we cross roads or ride that trail a little more safely with a satisfying smile on her face. God bless Mike

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks to all for your support. I am amazed how many friends have stood by my families side through our loss. Thank you!

My 3 girls are doing very well considering they have lost their Mom. I am confident with Gods help and with continued moral support from friends and family they will rise from this tradgedy to become the women their mother dreamed they would be.

For those of you who didn't know Joanne here is her mission statement that I found in her 2001 Daytimer while I was looking for some pictures. This will give you insight into what an incredible wife, mother and woman Joanne was. I can honestly say that Joanne became / was the person that her personal "mission statement" described.

"I will live each day remembering that relationships take priority over riches. I will express love and affection to the most important people in my life, God, Mark and my children, putting their needs ahead of my own. I will strive to keep commitments not only to myself, but to others. I will walk and set a positive "Christian" example, influencing others to find peace, comfort and security I have through accepting Jesus Christ. I desire to live in God's will for my life through daily devotions and taking time to listen. My values of self-confidence, truth, good health and respect for others will serve as a constant reminder for the way in which I will conduct myself each day."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
GOD BLESS you and your Daughter's.

You will be in my prayer's in the comming weeks

·
E-Tec Rules
34,783 Posts

·
Princess of Darkness!
1,439 Posts
The world would be a better place if we all lived by that mission statement! She sounds like one smart woman, be very proud!

Glad to hear your daughters are doing well, I'm sure as they get older you will see Joanne in all of them.

Our thoughts are with you!

Barb

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.