Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been isolated cases of the screws in the center of the secondary where the belt runs coming loose. It happened on my machine and jammed the secondary open. It is very easy to check. Use your clutch tools to remove your belt. Open the secondary as far as possible and you will see the screws (there are three of them you will see as you turn the secondary). Check the tightness with a allen key. If they appear to be loose and you do not know how to take apart the secondary and locktite the screws, take it to the dealer. They were to be locktighted from the factory but maybe some didn't get enough. Its not a recall or anything but a very good precaution to check. "DO NOT REMOVE THE SCREWS WITHOUT TAKING APART THE SECONDARY, THE SCREWS HOLD THE ROLLERS IN PLACE AND IF YOU REMOVE THE SCREWS THE ROLLERS WILL FALL OFF INSIDE THE SECONDARY AND YOU WILL BE &*%$#^." Just thought I would pass it along for general info and happier riding.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Adam01 said:
There have been isolated cases of the screws in the center of the secondary where the belt runs coming loose. It happened on my machine and jammed the secondary open. It is very easy to check. Use your clutch tools to remove your belt. Open the secondary as far as possible and you will see the screws (there are three of them you will see as you turn the secondary). Check the tightness with a allen key. If they appear to be loose and you do not know how to take apart the secondary and locktite the screws, take it to the dealer. They were to be locktighted from the factory but maybe some didn't get enough. Its not a recall or anything but a very good precaution to check. "DO NOT REMOVE THE SCREWS WITHOUT TAKING APART THE SECONDARY, THE SCREWS HOLD THE ROLLERS IN PLACE AND IF YOU REMOVE THE SCREWS THE ROLLERS WILL FALL OFF INSIDE THE SECONDARY AND YOU WILL BE &*%$#^." Just thought I would pass it along for general info and happier riding.

[snapback]298404[/snapback]​
Good info....thanks!

I would rather look at things like this on my own rather than to be going into the dealer for every little thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts