Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i was at our vactional tech school thing-a-maigy he said that instead of using a regular 8hp go-kart/mini bike engine you can modify a frame to fit a dirt bike engine, so that brings up the question how much power does the 110-125cc four stroke egine put out and the 230 four stroke engine, now dont tell me to put in a 125 2 stroke or 250 four stroke because they have to be air-cooled becuase not enought room for a radiator

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
poo

why don't you just get a part time job? You could buy a new dirt bike for about 100 per month using one of the finance options.. you may pay the rest of your life but at least you will have something that is yours.

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
I'll sell you a Pontiac 400 out of a '74 Catalina.
Need pics?

·
I am The Stig
1,014 Posts
saltalarev said:
poo

why don't you just get a part time job? You could buy a new dirt bike for about 100 per month using one of the finance options.. you may pay the rest of your life but at least you will have something that is yours.

[snapback]738845[/snapback]​
What he said^^. You could also find a decent used one for the coin it could take to build up a mini. I bought a '98 CR250R off a buddy of mine for $1800.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yous did not understand the question, i just need an engine, the other materials are being provided by the school, all i need to buy is an engine

·
Registered
243 Posts
poo sucks said:
yous did not understand the question, i just need an engine, the other materials are being provided by the school, all i need to buy is an engine
[snapback]739382[/snapback]​
Sell you computer and your digital camera. You should get enough to buy and engine.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha funny, i have about 400 saved up right now, all i want to know about how much hp a 125four stroke dirtbike engine has and a 230 four stroke dirtbike has and which you think would be better for a mini chopper

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im sorry im not the best speller and grammer person, i bet if i was to look though your posts i would find more mistakes than the amount of revs ski-doo has built

·
Registered
642 Posts
throw a honda 5.5 in it and be done with it. ya can get them at most big box stores for about 6 bucks and a box of donuts. then figure out what ya want to use for power transmission. or go to a bike junk shop and get a complete engine trans out of a honda 75. make sure to put on your blue suit when ya ride it and please post pics.

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,304 Posts
poo sucks said:
im sorry im not the best speller and grammer person, i bet if i was to look though your posts i would find more mistakes than the amount of revs ski-doo has built
[snapback]739406[/snapback]​
That is a major bet I will take! I'll even bet my 440X GADE against your blue sled. Cut and paste the mistakes you find buddy boy.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no sorry im not going to wear me snowmobile suit when riding it, and im not going to be build that till next year (11th grade project) i was thinking along the lines if i could not find a d-bike engine of a techsumeh sp? 8hp mini cycle/go-kart engine with a centafulgal sp? clutch

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure about the gas motor, but I just took out the 5HP motor in my old mini-bike, and replaced it with a 1000watt electric motor and a 36V battery.

It weighs less than the Honda motor - tops out at 35mph, lasts about 15 miles and is completely silent. I have my eye on a 15hp pancake style electric motor next.
Once I get everything worked out, I would eventually liek to put a single ski on front and a simple track on back for winter. ...imagine... a silent, mini, snowmobile for busting through the snow banks?

good luck with whatever motor you find. There is nothing more satisfying than riding something you built yourself!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts