Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
I have a bag full of Bergstrom screw ins i took out of an 08 XP that i sold, never lost any. If anyone interested, PM me

·
Registered
669 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. I ll be keeping a close eye on my new Storm with Igrips set up. If the lugs show any signs of bending , I ll switch to 96 traditional studs the next season.

Did you install Igrips in the middle lug towers as well? I m currently have 144 studs , and still on the fence about studding the center middle lugs...
I just looked. Yes the studs are hitting the center tunnel protector on the top of the tunnel, but not in the front. I guess I only looked at the front last winter. I suppose this is no surprise as the track is supposed to make contact with them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just looked. Yes the studs are hitting the center tunnel protector on the top of the tunnel, but not in the front. I guess I only looked at the front last winter. I suppose this is no surprise as the track is supposed to make contact with them.
Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought 150 iGrip 25MM for my 2019 Backcountry 146" with 1.75 lugs. I spoke with the rep at the Syracuse NY show 2 weeks ago to get what I needed. 2-3 years ago, I tried to call their customer service, but since they use English as a second language (they are French Canadians), I could not work with them over the phone. This is no indictment to them! They did their best to help! For me, it was much easier to work with the rep, face to face. I will install these in the near future. I was (and still am) very hesitant to put "regular" studs in a track with 1.75" lugs. As I ride in the US Northeast, it sounds to be a recipe for ripping up a track. I realize the iGrip will not be as good as regular studs, but I think it will be a nice compromise for the length of the lugs. I assume I will still need to use a tunnel protector?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yes use tunnel protection. These screw in studs will not damage the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
I assume I will still need to use a tunnel protector?

For what it is worth. I was able to put the studs in the outer pre-molded holes that were outside of the heat exchanger. It is a WT. and have been running with out protectors with no issue. Yes it’s an older WT and my lugs are 1.25”. So might not apply to you at all. But you might want to check. On some newer models, the heat exchanger is wider and would not be advised to run with out protectors. And in a 15” wide track, not much room beyond the heat exchanger.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just bought 150 iGrip 25MM for my 2019 Backcountry 146" with 1.75 lugs.
I am assuming the track is used, you will need to drill out the little rocks that are embedded in the track holes with a 1/8 cement drill bit before installing the studs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just bought 150 iGrip 25MM for my 2019 Backcountry 146" with 1.75 lugs. I spoke with the rep at the Syracuse NY show 2 weeks ago to get what I needed. 2-3 years ago, I tried to call their customer service, but since they use English as a second language (they are French Canadians), I could not work with them over the phone. This is no indictment to them! They did their best to help! For me, it was much easier to work with the rep, face to face. I will install these in the near future. I was (and still am) very hesitant to put "regular" studs in a track with 1.75" lugs. As I ride in the US Northeast, it sounds to be a recipe for ripping up a track. I realize the iGrip will not be as good as regular studs, but I think it will be a nice compromise for the length of the lugs. I assume I will still need to use a tunnel protector?
What pattern do you plan to use? I was thinking of using around 250 on a 137" Ripsaw 1 1/4, that would be just under an average of six studs per row. I based that on an Ice Ripper we have on a different sled.

Interested to see what iGrip patterns people have used with success.

·
Registered
605 Posts
You may be limited. Use only the paddles with the larger shoulders.
If you put them in a thin paddle there will be a better chance to lose a stud.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I plan to only use the pre-dilled holes which total 110 on a 146" track. It isn't the recommended amount of 'real' studs, but it'll be better than nothing. I didn't see any larger, thicker paddles to drill out. I'll, of course, be looking closer when I do the job.

·
Registered
2021 SkiDoo MXZ XRS 850 2022 Polaris Indy 550
324 Posts
Just put like 270ish igrip st-20's in my girls brand new Poo Indy 550 with Shockwave 121 x .091 track (along with tunnel protectors even though at worse they could only scratch it, no worries of coolant leaking!). OMG, so easy....hardest part was making sure they were at right depth! Put a stud in every little star on lug. I wanted some safety for her, but I felt real studs would hamper the already slow performance.
Rectangle Font Toy Gas Symmetry

·
Registered
223 Posts
I ordered a 150 pack for my 154" I was looking at the Ice Cobra specs and they have 117 studs on the 154" track, so I think I will not go wrong at 150.

·
Registered
2021 SkiDoo MXZ XRS 850 2022 Polaris Indy 550
324 Posts
This is the result of my 16 x 154 x 1.5 in. Charger track with the 150 SS28R iGrip studs installed and tunnel protectors.
Are you sure those are not suppose to got in a little more....I thought from paddle to tip of stud was to be 5mm in length that was suppose to be exposed...

*****EDIT...my bad, those are SS line...I have ST ones.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I also initially thought they needed to go in further, but after looking at the instruction sheet they need to exceed 8mm, witch brings them to the shoulder, I measured with my caliper.
Also if you look at the camso Ice cobra tracks the studs also are installed the same way.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I’m thinking about adding a few of these to my 1.5 IR for added traction. Has anyone else done this? I was thinking 100-150 of them?? As was gonna go with the 32mm ones… just looking for insight from someone that’s already used them. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
223 Posts
I’m thinking about adding a few of these to my 1.5 IR for added traction. Has anyone else done this? I was thinking 100-150 of them?? As was gonna go with the 32mm ones… just looking for insight from someone that’s already used them. Thanks in advance

Good luck in finding the 32mm iGrip is out of stock.

What is the length of your track?

·
Registered
223 Posts
On my 154 I used 150, Camso Ice Storm in the 137" uses 144, I would aim for that.
The SS28R should do for your track if you can't find the 32mm

21 - 40 of 40 Posts