Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 GT 700, and it idles aroung 3000 RPM. Is that too high? and if so, how do i adjust. Just bought it used and do not have a manual.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
131 Posts
3000 is to high, should be 1500 to 1700, but that will vary with air temp and if engine is warm or cold, try wacking the throttle they tend to stick open a little. if not get yourself a manual maybe borrow one from local shop, becuase it recomends to sync carbs and adjust oil. and its hard to write that process on the computer, try a search for carb syncronizing on this web sight, or you can adjust idle srew on the throttle assembly on top of carbs.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes, it applies. Anything with more than 1 carb needs to be synchronized so they open at the same time.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm not sure but I think the '02 700s all have flat slide carbs. If that is the case, I read an article in SNOWTECH last year about a high idle condition on motors with flat slides. Something to do with vibration frequency harmonics. For me a quick blip of the throttle settles the idle back down to 1700rpm. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tomx said:
I'm not sure but I think the '02 700s all have flat slide carbs. If that is the case, I read an article in SNOWTECH last year about a high idle condition on motors with flat slides. Something to do with vibration frequency harmonics. For me a quick blip of the throttle settles the idle back down to 1700rpm. Hope this helps.
[snapback]319148[/snapback]​
Thanks, I gave that a try and it now idles at 1700...what can I do to prevent the throttle from sticking a little

1 - 7 of 7 Posts