Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i fired up my MX after cleaning the carbs and installing the new tunnel coolers to make sure there was no leaks, and she just doesnt idle right. i noticed the track spins at idle when its in the air, so i loosened the front motor mount so the clutch isnt pulling on the belt.

It still starts up great, and i can hit the gas and theres no bog, so what could it possibly be? should i just slowly turn the idle up until she's back up to where it was?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
It will be running richer now that it is warmer, so idle problems will be seen. It may just need to be turned up a little.

The track should not turn at idle, so your belt maybe too tight. How is the alignment after you loosened the engine brace?

You may have to add a shim between the fixed and sliding half of your driven pulley. Or do what I would do, and add the 3 adjustable allen screws like the later Formulas.

Don't forget to replace the shims, with the thicker washer, used on later sleds.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Edit: i did not try running it after i loosened the motor mount a bit, also i feel its getting too much gas because the end of the Y-pipe is wet from unburnt fuel. which is also why i think its idling too low.

With it idling too low, i think it floods. because when you try to fire it back up, it wont start.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will be running richer now that it is warmer, so idle problems will be seen.

The track should not turn at idle, so your belt maybe too tight. How is the alignment after you loosened the engine brace?

You may have to add a shim between the fixed and sliding half of you driven pulley. Or do what I would do, and add the 3 adjustable allen screws like the later Formulas.

Don't forget to replace the shims, with the thicker washer, used on later sleds.
i haven't checked alignment, but i know from loosening the front loop mount, it's basically back to normal. i'll fire it up around november and go from there.

Shims? dont know what youre talking about, lol

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
these sleds are designed to be run at -20 C, at +30C they will run like crap!

Don't change anything just clean the carbs and electrical connections and you will be good to go once winter comes

moxy

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
these sleds are designed to be run at -20 C, at +30C they will run like crap!

Don't change anything just clean the carbs and electrical connections and you will be good to go once winter comes

moxy
Lol, i was waiting for someone to tell me that. But, hey, thanks ahead of time. i was just kindof worried when i shouldnt have been i guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts