Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the primary off once this year and went to get it off again and no luck. I torque the puller to the point it's flexing like it will break. Tried heat, tried tapping it with a hammer but not to hard. let it sit outside over night with puller torqued up and tried heating it fast to get it to pop and nothing. Any ideas? How hard can I hit the puller without screwing up the crank?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Mach1Z said:
I had the primary off once this year and went to get it off again and no luck. I torque the puller to the point it's flexing like it will break. Tried heat, tried tapping it with a hammer but not to hard. let it sit outside over night with puller torqued up and tried heating it fast to get it to pop and nothing. Any ideas? How hard can I hit the puller without screwing up the crank?
[snapback]713556[/snapback]​
Hit it harder! (seriously)

·
Registered
388 Posts
dont hit the end of the puller, put a 2lb hammer under the puller and strike from the top. it will act like a tuning fork and harmonics may knock it off, that is if you must hit the puller. oil on the threads also goes a long ways when pulling anything.

·
Registered
264 Posts
If its really stuck: Put sled on its side, fill water in da hole, insert puller with white teflon tape to seal, get puller really tight. Leave sled outside and if it is cold enough it will pop!!! Or if you have a big freezer put your sled in and wait....... LOL

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you can get puller out then put some grease on the threads and the end of the puller try again.If not more heat and a bigger hammer.Thats what I had to do.I only tork about 60lbs now and it comes off much better. I have had my moments especially with the weak clutch holding tool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.