Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas...

I'm completely redoing the inside of my inline 4 place trailer during the off season. Would like to be able to install Airline Track (S-Track, Versatrack, L-Track) whatever you want to call it (see pic below) with my Superclamps (front for sure and possibly rear too). I haul a lot of different sleds with the trailer so I can't just "set it and forget it" - I need the functionality to adjust for different sled lengths.

Ideally I'd like to install 2' or airline track for the front Superclamp and 2' of airline track for the rear Superclamp to allow maximum flexability. Anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this? I'm open to using either style of Superclamp hook needed to accomplish this.

VT-TRACK-1_300.jpg

Airline Track

superclamp.gif

2100-DH-REG.gif

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh...you talking bout the seat track that many aircraft use.
Yes, here are some of the more common tie downs available...but don't see how any of them will work for my application...

VT-1000_100.jpg

VT-2000_100.jpg

14_589_thumb.jpg

VT-2500_100.jpg

21ZrCg1mIKL.jpg

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Is the floor of the trailer wood? If so, how thick? And what is the thickness of those tracks you want to use? Also, what does the trailer use for crossmembers? And are the frame rails on the sides or in a few feet?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to be putting in a new floor consisting of 3/4" Advantech flooring. Shown below is a profile of the airline track. The trailer has square aluminum crossmembers. I don't remember if the fram rails are on the sides or in a few feet and the traier is currently stored at my parent's farm so I can't just walk outside and look.

5_373_large.jpg

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I'm thinking make up a plate to use as a router guide to cut a slot in the floor 1/2 " deep and the width of the track. Before you epoxy or bond the track int o the groove, drill and countersink a 5/16" or so hole every 3 or 4 inches along the centre of the track. Bond a plate under the floor location of the track, could be same kind of material as the floor, or 1/4" aluminum plate, or metal, and drill through and bolt the track through the floor and through the plate with countersunk high grade bolts and nylock nuts and large washers. The floor would remain sealed from the elements, and the plate under and the floor would easily carry the load. You may even be able to incorporate a crossmember into it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
They make a track specifically for recessing into the floor. I have 3 24 footers in my trailer. I routed a channel, countersunk track, drilled and taped cross members, and nutted also.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
[quote name="Mike.l" post="4422249" timestamp="1371048238"]
They make a track specifically for recessing into the floor. I have 3 24 footers in my trailer. I routed a channel, countersunk track, drilled and taped cross members, and nutted also.[/quoteThat sounds like the way to go!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I apologize...I may have not been clear in what I was asking in my first post. I don't really have a question about the installation of the airline track...but rather how to make the airline track work with the Superclamps.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Gotcha.

What if you mounted your Superclamp bracket to the middle of a piece of square aluminum tube bout 6" long. Drill a hole in each end of the tube that would fit over the threaded airline mounts.

·
True happiness is never trying a sled better than
14,562 Posts
Why not just use track designed for the application?Do you already have a stash of airline track?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why not just use track designed for the application?Do you already have a stash of airline track?
That's probably what I will end up doing. I'll probably get some Triton Quickslide track and use that. I do have some airline track...but not enough for what I want to do so either way I'll be buying some sort of track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts