Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Windsurfnut
2020 Ski-Soo MXZ XRS 850
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran my sled for 1km or so with an iced up carb. Didn't realize what the problem was until I pulled the plug and saw the plug very light, not white, but very light grey. rean no more than 1 km before solving the problem. I let it idle to keep the temps up under the hood and pinched the fuel line an bunch of times to help dislodge the ice in there. What possibility of damage could occur in that period of time, it was on trail, not wide open but I was squeezing the throttle a fair amount to get power.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If the sled runs fine now it should be fine. Make sure you add gas line antifreeze to your tank. Also check to make sure your fuel pump does not have ice in it, run hair dryer on it and make sure it is not icing up. If you store in a heated garage it should be fine and not have to worry about the pump. Had same problem on the weekend, had to empty the tank, had too much water in it, pump kept freezing up and engine didn't like burning the watery gas once it was in heated garage.

·
Windsurfnut
2020 Ski-Soo MXZ XRS 850
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
I ran antifreeze in it right away and filled it full of fresh gas. It's in a heated garage now, i'll run some isopropyl in it before going out again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.