Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean drug trails. Railbed running. I know .75 or 1 inch would be faster but tracks that most people run that come stock. Dealer told my son that 1.25 ice ripper is fastest because it is a single ply track

· Registered
829 Posts
I mean drug trails. Railbed running. I know .75 or 1 inch would be faster but tracks that most people run that come stock. Dealer told my son that 1.25 ice ripper is fastest because it is a single ply track
thats all skidoo uses is single ply, so that part of the dealers story is irrelevant. I would think the 1.25 rip could be a touch faster, assuming its lighter because it doesnt have studs.
But I am sure it would be minimal at best. Shorter lug will be faster than taller lug.
Also whats fastest? Fastest compared to what?

· Registered
3 Posts
Tough question to answer. as there are a lot of variables. From what I’ve experienced running on ice or hard icy conditions… fully studded will beat the ripper and unstudded… dream meter will be greater on unstudded and ripper but will disappoint you when running gps. Ive had rippers since 2016 and currently have a ripper on a 22 600R and found too much track spin. So I Added studs 2 per bar and rides faster even on the trail. Dream speedo vs gps tells different story.

· Registered
‘21XRS850/‘15Pro-S 8/‘15 ZR 8 RR
476 Posts
Also what fast are you looking for? Top MPH? Quickest point A to B? What conditions are you running the race in? Too many scenarios to answer this question.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts