Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
SnomoSnob
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys
Spoke to my Dealer and like many of us the New Spring Order Sled ( Enduro in my case ) will NOT come with the Ice Ripper Track.
After looking around for a replacement, Chris at C-T PowerSports said he can get a New Pre-Studded Track!
[email protected]
Give him a call! Shoot him an Email!
He is in the process of updating his website so the Tracks are not listed.
He's a great guy and customer service is Top Notch!
Think Snow!
Later
GutZ

Reactions: Slh411

·
SnomoSnob
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Black Rectangle Line Automotive tire Font

·
SnomoSnob
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What brand track is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Composit ( Spelling may differ), I believe.
I have used their Non-PreStudded with good results with durability and traction.
Later
GutZ

Reactions: 74Craig

·
Registered
890 Posts
What brand track is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe that's a composite. I was thinking that was a Russian? made track. However it looks like it has a USA flag on his add so I'm not sure. Also would that be a single or two ply pre studded track. I haven't see any yet as far as a pre studded 2ply track but if someone did I feel sure it would over sell a single ply pre studded track.

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
32,120 Posts
Go on to tracks USA or one of those outfits and see if the ice attack XT is still available it has more tire studs in the track than the ice ripper ...l

·
SnomoSnob
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go on to tracks USA or one of those outfits and see if the ice attack XT is still available it has more tire studs in the track than the ice ripper ...l
I did, I was looking to stay with Camoplast, as it was an OE Vendor. But did not find any available. Ice Attack, Ice Storm, Ice Ripper. 15x137.
Just offering an option.
GutZ

Reactions: Hockeypuck

·
SnomoSnob
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe that's a composite. I was thinking that was a Russian? made track. However it looks like it has a USA flag on his add so I'm not sure. Also would that be a single or two ply pre studded track. I haven't see any yet as far as a pre studded 2ply track but if someone did I feel sure it would over sell a single ply pre studded track.
Looks like it is 2 Ply.
This new 1.25″ lug height track is offered with only a 2.86″ pitch and feature NEW track technology in track construction. An aggressive, wide spaced lug pattern give it superior traction on hard pack trails and in loose snow. NS means this track is pre-studded with the studs installed in the “tower” lugs to give traction when things get icy. This 2 ply track has a new type of fabric that offers more flexibility in cold weather and reduces rolling resistance by up to 10% for improved acceleration and mileage.
GutZ

·
Registered
890 Posts
I looked them up, yes its a two ply, I read where it says it's a "new" design with new fabric for plys for a more flexible track. I looked up some reviews , seems like the newer tracks may be better as the bad reviews seemd to be from 4 years ago and older. To be honest camso has had issues as well just like anything else hopefully they are a good durable track.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
A guy in our club saved a few bucks on a pre-studded Composit track for his wife's 550 fan XP and in less than 1,500 miles it was junk and de-laminating. Remember, Composit tracks are made in Russia.

I have had good luck with Ice Storm and Ice Ripper tracks from Camso / Camoplast.

·
SnomoSnob
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A guy in our club saved a few bucks on a pre-studded Composit track for his wife's 550 fan XP and in less than 1,500 miles it was junk and de-laminating. Remember, Composit tracks are made in Russia.

I have had good luck with Ice Storm and Ice Ripper tracks from Camso / Camoplast.
Good to Note, how long ago did he buy the track? some said the early ones were of less quality. The one I have run for several years ( 129x15x1.5 ) has held up well, about 2000 miles so far.
I would prefer a USA made track or Canadian. I doubt ( have no confirmation ) that Camsos are made in the USA\Canada any longer. Brazil, China, Mexico, Vietnam, etc,,, is where I would put my bet.
So Russia vs China....
Russians know Cold and Snow...
LOL
GutZ

·
Registered
336 Posts

I had an early Composit Talon 38 track on my Renegade and it delaminated. No warranty as they claimed it was not a trail track and I should not have been using it on trails.

·
SnomoSnob
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had an early Composit Talon 38 track on my Renegade and it delaminated. No warranty as they claimed it was not a trail track and I should not have been using it on trails.
Just saying... If you want an IR\IceStrom\IceAttack and can't find one and Doo is not shipping you one in your new sled. This is an option.
We had Summit 146 and it had a 1.75 Camso track ( Not a Trail Track I guess) we ran it on the trails all over Maine, It split down the center.... Not Camso's Fault either.

Later
GutZ

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I needed a track for one of my project sleds earlier in the year, but I was spooked by all the negative reviews for Composit. Granted there are some positive reviews as well, but there's also a lot of negative. I think If you're looking for a cheap price-point track and you know what you're getting into, then I'm sure it will be a good option. Just don't mistake it for a premium replacement at a good price, because like most things, you'll get what you pay for.

If my Rave arrives without the IR, I think i'll go the igrip or stud route, depending on the track it may/may not arrive with. I already tried looking for a new IR of some sort, and like the OP said, there's not much to be found.

·
SnomoSnob
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I needed a track for one of my project sleds earlier in the year, but I was spooked by all the negative reviews for Composit. Granted there are some positive reviews as well, but there's also a lot of negative. I think If you're looking for a cheap price-point track and you know what you're getting into, then I'm sure it will be a good option. Just don't mistake it for a premium replacement at a good price, because like most things, you'll get what you pay for.

If my Rave arrives without the IR, I think i'll go the igrip or stud route, depending on the track it may/may not arrive with. I already tried looking for a new IR of some sort, and like the OP said, there's not much to be found.
iGrip
Another good option.
I've had good results with the one we have. 2k miles plus.
I'm just saying, dont wait till Dec\Jan when your sled arrives ( hopefully ) and then look for options.
It seems the major players are already out of the 137 Pre-Stud Tracks.
Have a plan.
Later
GutZ

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Good to Note, how long ago did he buy the track? some said the early ones were of less quality.
2 years ago. It delaminated; he said it was junk and never again for a Composit track, not worth the few dollars he saved over a Camso.

·
SnomoSnob
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was thinking that, but being only a 1.25 ....
How wide is the Front Protector?
The IR appears to be very close to center.
White Black Automotive design Office equipment Grille

Thanks
GutZ

·
IKnowNothing
1,269 Posts
Good to Note, how long ago did he buy the track? some said the early ones were of less quality. The one I have run for several years ( 129x15x1.5 ) has held up well, about 2000 miles so far.
I would prefer a USA made track or Canadian. I doubt ( have no confirmation ) that Camsos are made in the USA\Canada any longer. Brazil, China, Mexico, Vietnam, etc,,, is where I would put my bet.
So Russia vs China....
Russians know Cold and Snow...
LOL
GutZ
Upstate New york to be specific I Doo Believe.....

Studs in the center on a G4 Will be an issue with the front protector
Over 4000 miles on a pre studded Ice storm, center pre studs NOT removed, zero issues on a 2019 and a 2021. Plenty of folks on here have reported the same.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts