Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the MXZ section, but realised it should be over here.

Hi everyone, first off I'm very partical to Skidoo. I've been searching for a powerful MXZ, but found the following Yamaha SRX with the following specs:

1998 SRX 700
Claims to have $13,000 invested

835cc Hauck motorsports big bore kit
Entire rear suspension is out af a 2003 Viper
Simmons skis
Mountain Performance Trailing arms
Olins shocks
121" Track with 1.5" lugs
SLP pipes and Silencer

I don't know anything about Yamaha. He's asking $3,000 for it. Would anyone here be tempted to buy it. Will it perform like a MXZ? Owner has never dyno'd the sled but estimates it could have up to 140HP to the track! That is a lot of power! I looked up the Hauck big bore kit, and it advertises 165-190HP, depending on carb size and exhaust.

I really want to stay with only Skidoo, but is there any reason why I should stay away for buying that sled.

I know this is a Skidoo place of fellowship, but any advise would help. I've been out of the snowmobiliing loop for a long time. Is there anything wrong with the Blue sleds.

·
Registered
254 Posts
OnlyMopar said:
I posted this in the MXZ section, but realised it should be over here.

Hi everyone, first off I'm very partical to Skidoo. I've been searching for a powerful MXZ, but found the following Yamaha SRX with the following specs:

1998 SRX 700
Claims to have $13,000 invested

835cc Hauck motorsports big bore kit
Entire rear suspension is out af a 2003 Viper
Simmons skis
Mountain Performance Trailing arms
Olins shocks
121" Track with 1.5" lugs
SLP pipes and Silencer

I don't know anything about Yamaha. He's asking $3,000 for it. Would anyone here be tempted to buy it. Will it perform like a MXZ? Owner has never dyno'd the sled but estimates it could have up to 140HP to the track! That is a lot of power! I looked up the Hauck big bore kit, and it advertises 165-190HP, depending on carb size and exhaust.

I really want to stay with only Skidoo, but is there any reason why I should stay away for buying that sled.

I know this is a Skidoo place of fellowship, but any advise would help. I've been out of the snowmobiliing loop for a long time. Is there anything wrong with the Blue sleds.
[snapback]257648[/snapback]​
'
I've ridden a few stock SRXs. They are fast but they don't handle the bumps like a late model MXZ will. The viper rear suspension is not that great. I do love the sound of those triple Yamaha engines. I would be most leary about the reliability of the sled. If the guy will let you ride it for an hour or so and it performed well and the plugs look good its probably going to stay reliable for a while.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If he's honest its a great deal. The 1998 SRX Triple was a great sled. I believe it was given snowmobile of the year by snowgoer in 97 os 98. I would beware though, anyone who advertises that he put 13k into it and is only asking 3k, seems a little suspicious. With all those mods, its possible something went wrong, especially if he did it himself. Don't be afraid to ask for all the necessary paperwork for it, those might tell you something...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts