Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 07 800 X. 6000miles on it and it went boom on the previous owner.I got a great deal IMO knowing the motor had issues. It has not been taken apart yet other than pull chord and stator but you can see and smell the burnt grease on the stator side . I consider myself a little more than a backyard mechanic. Just curious about what some of you think I may find and what advise can be given on the rebuild (providing crank can be salvaged). I tried to find some info by searching but the topics on this motor are all over the map. I will definitely keep searching though . Im still very confused despite reading about isoflex. Is it a brand name grease or something. Whats so unique about it? Lots of mixed reviews here. Also whats with the flashing of the dpm ? And is this required after rebuild ? Thanks and im sorry if I've asked any age old questions.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Isoflex in my opinion is a great grease for bearings but everyone has a opinion I use it. Re flashing has no concern with what you are doing. If you go with isoflex look on ebay or internet you can find it cheaper than the dealer 75$ for a small tube

1 - 4 of 4 Posts