Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speaking of the new phone it takes awesome pictures. Too bad it will be stuck in my glove box functioning as a GPS instead of taking beautiful photos of my snowmobile trips. Darn it Ski-Doo, why can’t you just copy Polaris on this one.

·
Registered
2022 Ski-Doo Enduro 600R
3,040 Posts
I use the regular apple cord and position the phone in the bag so that the cord comes out on the side the zipper closes on. I'm not able to zip the bag all the way shut, but it's close enough. I suppose I could just cut a small slit in the bag to slip the power cable though if I really wanted to. A right angle plug would work better, I'll have to check amazon and see what they have for right angle cables

·
Registered
881 Posts
The whole setup is a joke, come up with a better gauge with a better GPS and let us keep our phones as phones and cameras
I agree, Ski-Doo screwed the pooch on this one.

Polaris has had a great display for years and a real nice phone free GPS so when Ski-Doo announced a new GPS display I was so excited thinking they were going to take what Polaris was already doing and make it way better.....ooooops. Guess not..

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ummmmm.........wow. Not trying to be an arse here but it takes that much technology to ride nowadays? I guess I just have a good sense of direction, can read signs at intersections if I'm unsure what direction to go or heaven forbid open up a paper map! For God sakes, cut the cord, quit watching your gadgets and enjoy the ride and the outdoors!!!
I know I've probably offended some here and sorry for that.🙂

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm pretty sure this setup is better than the fancy display with a phone as GPS...

I'd wish they used a bit more energy on fixing the fuel gauge rather than making a fancy full colour display.

View attachment 2002409
Which Garmin is on the right? Looks like a Montana on the left.

Edit: Never mind, I zoomed in. I wonder if the Zumo screen is the same size as the Montana 700.

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ummmmm.........wow. Not trying to be an arse here but it takes that much technology to ride nowadays? I guess I just have a good sense of direction, can read signs at intersections if I'm unsure what direction to go or heaven forbid open up a paper map! For God sakes, cut the cord, quit watching your gadgets and enjoy the ride and the outdoors!!!
Sounds like the 80s when snowmobiling was more of an “ adventure “. Don’t forget the compass for those smart enough to bring one.

·
Registered
‘21XRS850/‘15Pro-S 8/‘15 ZR 8 RR
462 Posts
Not every snowmobiler is stuck to ride groomed trails like us in the northern hemisphere. A good gps is very handy when one has the freedom to ride anywhere and make their own trails. Makes it easier which terrain you would like to take also for route planning.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I get it! I ride the woods and logging trails 75% of the time no signs in the woods for sure! I just have to have a good idea where I'm at and where I'm heading. Mountain guys may have a GPS or sat phone I'm sure. I'm just saying is all, and I mean no offense to anyone! Some of you have more screens that the groomer I run!🙂

1 - 20 of 26 Posts