Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

I ordered a new 2020 G4 Renegade

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  FreerideFlash 
#1 ·
I've been poking around in this GPS talk sub forum for awhile. Theres so many GPS' and ways to mount them. I don't want to do a ram mount because i don't want to drill the plastic. On the riser it seems that it can block the gauge. So I'm thinking the glovebox extension is the way to go for me. I didn't order the glovebox extension but am now thinking i should add it to my build. My question is, does the garmin Nuvi 67LM 6' fit nicely into the extension with a cradle, how easy is it to read on a sunny day? Pros and Cons on the Nuvi 67LM? I've looked a little at the Garmin Montana and 276 but they seem fairly expensive. TIA

#2 ·
I have the 7" NUVI in the cradle and it fits very nicely and looks OEM. The 6" will be just as nice. The Montana is certainly a lot more expensive but it does a lot more and has more features. It all depends on what you want your GPS to do.

Sent from my super duper ultra secretive Samsung mobile device using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I bought my Montana 680T from Cabela's on Black Friday. it was $125-$150 off of the normal price. Using the Doo Amps mount on the glovebox extension. XM not G4 though.

If you don't want the built in camera, you could look at the Montana 610T or 610 if you don't need topo maps either.

#6 ·
There is plenty of room on the glovebox extension to mount whatever you want. The Montana works for me but I can see how it would be hard to read for some people. The larger ones don't seem to be "winter" rated and I don't want any issues.

Attachments

#7 ·
There is plenty of room on the glovebox extension to mount whatever you want. The Montana works for me but I can see how it would be hard to read for some people. The larger ones don't seem to be "winter" rated and I don't want any issues.
I've run my NUVI for 4 years now without any issues. Many others have done the same.

Sent from my super duper ultra secretive Samsung mobile device using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I'm thinking the glovebox extension is the way to go for me. I didn't order the glovebox extension but am now thinking i should add it to my build. My question is, does the garmin Nuvi 67LM 6' fit nicely into the extension with a cradle, how easy is it to read on a sunny day? Pros and Cons on the Nuvi 67LM? I've looked a little at the Garmin Montana and 276 but they seem fairly expensive. TIA
I'm in nearly the same boat as you, just a little bit ahead...

The ocean of devices can be really frustrating to weed through in order to make the right investment. I went ahead with a used 2797 that a few folks here have recommended. Right around $100 on Ebay. I don't have confirmation on usability yet, but the deciding factors for me were that the 2797 has the quick release/powered mount and bluetooth. I thought the mount would be super nice to pop the unit out without having to mess with cables using gloved hands if needing to collaborate on routing while on the trail. And the cable can basically be permanently attached without any slack needed making it a cleaner install. No doubt the 7" fits the extended glove box super nice as will the 6". I'm guessing outdoor readability will be pretty close to the same on all of these car units, not great but acceptable. BTW, you can pick up the extended glove box from your dealer for $100 (msrp) and it's very easy to install. I've installed VVMapping card and played around with the unit, just waiting for my sled to arrive to install. I'll install the Ski-Doo USB outlet and have a spare output to charge a phone if I ever need to.

Any reason you're looking specifically at the Nuvi 67LM?

#10 ·
Can you tighten the screw on the mouth to secure the gps with this set up? I was planning on running the same set up but it looks like there's no room to tighten once it's in the mount.

#11 ·
Can you tighten the screw on the mouth to secure the gps with this set up? I was planning on running the same set up but it looks like there's no room to tighten once it's in the mount.
I don't think I follow... The mount is bolted through the glove box door with 4 screws and nuts. What would you need to tighten?

Attachments

#12 ·
The cradle for the gps has a screw on top to tighten. Prevents the gps from coming out of the cradle when the trails get rough or you hit a big bump. It locks the gps to the cradle. When mocking the mount up it appears the latch for the glove box door is in the way, preventing you from access to the screw.

#13 ·
The cradle for the gps has a screw on top to tighten. Prevents the gps from coming out of the cradle when the trails get rough or you hit a big bump. It locks the gps to the cradle. When mocking the mount up it appears the latch for the glove box door is in the way, preventing you from access to the screw.
That same screw is supposed to prevent theft too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.