Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
you reuse the two wires at the sensor, disconnect the pilot lamp completely and leave it bee. look for the prerun harness (at least in the 00 and up 700's i ve done) and make your terminations accordingly. try to get a wiring diagram for your model to be sure of placement

·
free candy
2,444 Posts
If you had a harness here is where all the wires would go

the plug block for the gauge (w/ green wire) is already bundled up near the speedo and tach. Dig it out, plug it into new gauge, unplug light (tape ends up, tie wrap into bundle of plugs).

Build yourself a wire harness like the one at the top of the sheet to connect the two sensors togther.

p.s. that other empty plug block up there with the BLUE wire is for the optional elect. gas gauge

·
Registered
81 Posts
dobbs said:
If you had a harness here is where all the wires would go

the plug block for the gauge (w/ green wire) is already bundled up near the speedo and tach. Dig it out, plug it into new gauge, unplug light (tape ends up, tie wrap into bundle of plugs).

Build yourself a wire harness like the one at the top of the sheet to connect the two sensors togther.

p.s. that other empty plug block up there with the BLUE wire is for the optional elect. gas gauge
[snapback]702081[/snapback]​
DOBBS THANKS
FOR THE HELP I TOOK THE TWO LEADS FROM IDIOT LIGHT AND CONNECTED THOSE TOO THE GAUGE AND HAD TO DIG THE YELLOW WIRE FROM THE PLUG BLOCK AND USE THAT IT WORKED!!!!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dobbs said:
Did you replace the one stock sender with the new variable one?

When you sayit worked you saw the needle move not just the gauge light up right?
[snapback]702509[/snapback]​
YES I HAD TO PUT A VARIABLE SENSER IN AND YES IT WAS ABOUT 1-THIRD OF THE WAY ON THE GAUGE THAT WAS AFTER I RAN ACROSS THE LAKE ON THE DOWN SIDE I LOST A YELLOW BOGGIE WHEEL I NEED ONE OF THOSE NOW!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.