Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Rev in February 03. It has 1788 miles on it and it just seized up on me on January 23- 05. This is the deal I took it to my dealer and he looked at it and called me and said wasted it took out crank and bearings and piston and rings. It only had a one year warrantee that I new of but He is going to call Ski-Doo today and see what they will do for me. He told me he hopes they will do parts at best, is there anyone out there that got everything taken care of from Doo (parts and labor), let me know and how you got it done and I and I will try the same. If it would help for me to call I will but I'm giving my dealer a chance first.
I'm not bitchin, I love my Rev I just can't afford to buy three sleds at $20.000 plus and then have to pay a grand or two ever year to keep the motor going. I also want to say I don't do anything to my sleds (aftermarket or mods) but ride them and take good care of them not that that is a bad thing It's just not me. Thanks for any help you can offer me.

I know this has been a big issue lately and those that have not had promblems with your sleds, I want you to know I was there too and thought it was all hype until it happen to me and my dealer said he has had a bunch in for the same thing. So enjoy your sleds but be open minded and lets look out for each other. John

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You guessed it and your not the first to say that...

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope I'm that one that will say good things about them....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I don't know all the details, but a freind has an 03' he bought from

somebody that works there. PTO crank seal went out and they only

covered half the parts, I think! Sled is sweet low mile unit too. Uda

thought they could have done better than that!!! J.T.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to say I didn't even buy my 800 sled from them but I did buy my 500ss from them and three new bikes and parts and clothing in the last three years, so I hope that helps

They have been good to me so far...
I think....

·
Registered
153 Posts
notacat said:
Any Michigan riders got any input.... Thanks again.. John

[snapback]291864[/snapback]​
John,

Sorry to hear of your situation..just bad luck I guess. If worse comes to worse and the dealer cannot help you, get hold of Jonny Ski-doo. (His ad is on the main page) He has set me up with a great guy over just north of Grand Rapids. Just as a point of reference I live in Livonia which is on the other side of the state and I happily drive there because this guy is good, honest and reasonable. He has taken very good care of me. If you cannot get hold of Jonny Ski-doo just PM me and I will give you the guy's number.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
If you dont get any satisfaction from the dealer we can do your crank work very inexpensively, most complete motor jobs 1/2 of normal dealer price. thanks todd 1-260-833-2536 or 316-2839.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts