Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 MXZX 600.....and i am a pretty aggressive rider. The only thing i have done to the suspension is adjusted the springs in the back where there are like 4 settings...I have it on the stiffest one. I need to make my suspension stiffer for jumping and going through the bumps fast and good without bottoming out...My front shocks are fine and havent bottomed out yet....It bottoms out mostly when i hit a bump and then land on the face of another bump in front of it...so i just need to know what to do?????? to make it better

·
Registered
745 Posts
Have you tried the clicker shock in the rear. That is just 2 adjustments. Also you can adjust preload, coupling. Take a look at your owners manual for recommendations and err on the side of stiffer.
I weigh 175 pounds and ride as hard as any 30 yr old can and my setup is almost as stiff as the suspension will allow. I cranked everything up all the way and then backed off a little, coupler and preload in position 3.
Keep playing around with the settings until it's dialed in. Good luck, keep us updated on how things work out.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
The outer nut on the clicker controls the high speed compression. It does stiffen up a fair bit when you turn it in, you need a socket. Coupling blocks turned thicker to the back will stiffen it up too.

Also I have found that if you crank up the center spring it kicks back harder and makes the very tail softer depending on where you stand. If you land on the tail standing on the back of the running board it is real soft, if you land it flat with your feet in the middle or up front it'll land like a butterfly with sore feet from 4ft up.

The torsions are softer than the SC-III due to the added force on the center shock/spring. Heavier guys and snowcross boys are putting in heavier springs.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The preload is a square block on both sides of the rear skid located just above where you adjust the track. The block is uneven around so when you turn it your adding pressure to the preload springs. They don't have to be at the same setting so you can fine tune it to your liking. Like I said mine are both set on 3. On my 02 where you don't sit as far forward I had both set on 4th position. I too like to air it out every chance I get, I find grabbing some throttle as you land also helps prevent bottoming.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts