Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 skidoo 500ss and need a new secondary. Which models will fit and work. Will one off a 2004 600ho fit? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
It will fit but may need the spring swapped. From 04 to 07 will slide right on. I think even the zx chassis secondary's will fit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The inside of my secondary is like a bomb exploded. Cheaper to find a used one then buy all the parts and repair it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Why do you need a new secondary?
Helix is probably cracked and the bushings are shot... Both of which are discontinued. You couldn't fix it if you want to.

Like said above, any off a 04-07 600or800 will work. Look for one with a straight 44 helix and swap your spring into to. I just did it. Pulled 8100 perfect.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Oh ok.

I just had Goodwin cut me a 48/44 RER helix for the formula. My stock one is find just wanted to upgrade. Didn't get it before my trip though so it's sitting in the box, looks like it's well made.
That's another good option, but used secondary will be cheaper.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I put a stock 600HO secondary on my wife's 500ss. Works great as is with the 44/47 helix and stock 600HO spring. Just make sure to adjust belt alignment and deflection.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
We had to replace ours because the belt blew at about 90 MPH and got wadded up in the clutch. Can't remember for sure what broke, but replacement was easiest.

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,650 Posts
We had to replace ours because the belt blew at about 90 MPH and got wadded up in the clutch. Can't remember for sure what broke, but replacement was easiest.
Gotcha

Thanks

-grover

1 - 15 of 15 Posts