Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
It better be good...........there sure has been a lot of hype. My guess is Yamaha's version of the Freestyle. Maybe has a dirt bike 4 stroke in it too. Just a hunch given how he asks what it has in it, its smaller & lighter. Also the spy photo floating around looks it.

I can't wait myself, competition is always good.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
It's all speculation till monday... Even if it was only 80hp, that would be a good enough if the sled weighs under 400lbs!!! Who knows what they have, but it is sure to be based on the YFZ-450 chassis and motor.

·
Registered
483 Posts
At 6Ft 260 Lbs I don't think I like the smaller shorter comment. I wonder if its something to compete with the free style. I would like lighter but smaller shorter sounds like a death toll for the big guy sales.
But I have to say being a 2 stroke guy I am very impressed with what Yamaha has been doing, But then lets not forget Honda is entering the snowmobile arena and my 2 cents Honda dirt bikes still kill yamahas, And did anyone see the new Honda jet skis they are really kicking it up a notch ,, but then again a realitly check for me ,, New Truck to tow my New 4 place enlcosed trailer over 50K
Sled investment over 12K Times I got to ride this year so far 2!!!!!!!! I am getting tired of every darn year saying how "well next year" is going to be crazy with snow becuase the last 4 where horrible.. then next year comes and well you guys in the east know.
So I am really thinking hard about justifying the huge sled cost/expense to how much I really get to enjoy the darn things.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I was at Yamafest to try the 06's last friday . the guy said spent all the r & d money on the new frame and motor . yamaha will not offer a turbo for any sled , now this could be bull but dealer said to buy an 2006 and save money

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
XHO said:
I love my rev too but this is what is currently peaking my interest: 800HO Top Gun

View attachment 46777
[snapback]702683[/snapback]​
No kidding, they look like they would be a blast to ride. There are windshields for them, otherwise they would be cold for trail riding. Honestly I think they should be going the other way, lighter weight, even if it means a smaller engine. They weight like 400 pounds, a 300 pound, 100 horse power set up would be more fun i think.

·
aka DooNut.
1,623 Posts
FYI, my post re the Yammi spy photos was deleted by moderators for being off topic. lol seems a little draconian,

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
WOT said:
XHO said:
I love my rev too but this is what is currently peaking my interest: 800HO Top Gun

View attachment 46777
[snapback]702683[/snapback]​
No kidding, they look like they would be a blast to ride. There are windshields for them, otherwise they would be cold for trail riding. Honestly I think they should be going the other way, lighter weight, even if it means a smaller engine. They weight like 400 pounds, a 300 pound, 100 horse power set up would be more fun i think.
[snapback]702818[/snapback]​
the 600 weighs the same as the 800, and I think they still make a 440, right? no windshields that I know of.

a friend has a snowhawk but I have not yet been able to ride it.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
first off, yamaha is the king of hype and little else lately!

the sno-hawk looks cool, but man if your foot ever slips off the peg.. you got to hope it does not get caught in the track... it just looks a big accident waiting to happen...

I liked this one too.. might be where yammie is getting their idea... makes sense to me...

·
Registered
745 Posts
vettezr1 said:
XHO more info please pretty cool
[snapback]702817[/snapback]​
The maximumsled.com link is where I got the pic. More info there. This is the only "adult" hawk they are building next year. Currently they are available with a 600 ho 121" or 136". The new 800 will have a 128" track with no other option.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.